Disposable eco nappies - anyone tried and tested?

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Yes, another thread about nappies! This time the disposable ones.

I want to use resusable nappies, but in those first few days at home, "emergencies" etc I want some disposable eco nappies. I was looking at the ones they sell in boots but my sister tried these with her daughter and said they were hopeless, plus apparently the wipes are really rough and scratchy.

My baby is going to be born 3 weeks early and will be a bit on the small side so worried that I won't find any to fit. Really want something gentle on the baby's skin, I have delicate skin myself.

Has anyone found some they're happy with?

I've been using the Nature babycare nappies for about a week now and so far they have been fine, Joseph sleeps from 10:30pm to 7am in them and no leaks, and so far we have had 1 bad poo explosion but to be honest that has happened in pampers and huggies too so i don't think it's the nappies that are the problem but rather Joseph lol xx

Sorry, after big leaks over the last 2 days I've changed my mind! So now I'm looking for an alternative too! x

So frustrating, there don't seem to be many options out there but I know my baby will be soo small and don't think reusables will fit.

The only one I can recommend is the Mothercare Smart Nappy which has disposable inserts and resuable inserts. I use the disposables when out and about.

I got one life reusables for Joseph but he has real problems bending his legs in them as they cover most of his thighs! So I was hoping I could get away with eco disposables until he was crawling them put him back into the one life nappies. I think I'm going to have to invest in some slimmer fitting reusables instead!

Thanks rafwife, so no problems so far? My sister recommended those too, but I don't think she could use them from the start with my neice as my neice was a premmie too.

I used tushies with both my daughters. I had to order them from the internet, but they didn't leak and were great for those times when we couldn't use reuseables.

I used the Nature Babycare to start with, I did have some leaks but I did also with the pampers that I got free too, once Isaiah got a bit bigger then I had no problems at all (I think its more of a fit problem than absorbency) The two days that I used up my pampers stash gave him nappy rash as well (nasty plastic nappies!). I tried sainsburys Litlle Eco's and they gave him nappy rash as well, so in terms of sensitivity I think the Babycare ones are good. He is a real heavy wetter too, as he absolutely soaks his cloth nappies now in a couple of hours.
If your LO is going to be on the small size have you thought about just using muslin's at the start, they will need folding but they're not bulky at all, which i found a problem with the cloth nappies at the start

We used Bambo Nature eco-disposables for the first week or so, I don't remember how long the three packets we got in advance lasted. They fit fine and were kind to his skin. Though Jack wasn't small (8lb7oz). The newborn size are for 4-9lbs so should fit a premie baby ok.

We then moved to Nature Babycare nappies and wipes. The wipes seem fine to me, not overly wet like some brands so his skin dries quite quickly rather than going into the clean nappy still moist, therefore increasing risk of nappy rash. But they aren't very soft and I have noticed almost permanent pinkness to his bum which might be the wipes but might also be the cloth nappies that we normally use now as he is a heavy wetter.

The nappies are fab! They fit well and are really absorbent. We just started to get leaks as he started to outgrow size 1. Unfortunately we haven't found anywhere that stocks size 2, only size 3, which are still too big despite being for 9lb+ (he's nearly 10lb now) :dohh: So I'm going to order some size 2 Bambo Nature ones!

Ooh, the Nature Babycare ones don't fold up completely for disposal, whereas the Bambo ones do. The tabs only stick to the strip along the top so you can't seal in the poo around the leg holes. It's not a major problem but I'd hate to be caught out out and about without a (biodegradable) nappy sack to put it into! The Bambo ones can be properly sealed and folded up nice an compact.

We tried heaps and they all either leaked out the legs (stick legs), wouldn't stick except to a top sticky bit that meant they were too loose, irritated his skin because they were like cardboard, OR got discontinued because they werent selling enough.
AND THEN!
We found Babylove Ecobots!!! AWWWWEEESOME! On all counts. Love them love them love them.
But I'm in Aus so don't know if you can get them?
We still have to order them online because supermarkets stopped stocking them, they get sent from melb, postage is very reasonable but thats within Aus so don't know...
Here's the website anyway www.neco.com.au
Good luck!

since Ernie has been on the colief his nappies have been so liquidy we have had to temporarily switch from the washables-simply because i would have run out of the liners and wraps within a couple of hours-because he follows through when he trumps (sorry tmi i know!!), so i tried the asda eco baby ones- 2 packs for £10, they fit sizes 6-13 lbs.

I have had no problems with them,have had a leak or 2 but that is just simply because of how liquid his poo's have been -and the quantity when he has poo'd with some force when he has been sitting in his chair!! they havent leaked when they have just been wet or a small amount of poo! Had no nappy rash, have to say i am very impressed with them!

Hopefully he will be off the colief in a couple of weeks so we can go back to the washables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->