Diva cup/soft cup

Rawan

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I read on forum that some people use soft cup/diva cup after bd to prevent sperm leakage. If you have used it, do you recommend it? Because I googled them on internet, and I read some horrible experience that some women have hard time removing it afterwards, I am just a bit scared of it. Do you feel soft cup/diva cup is needed/help a lot for successful conception? Thank you!

I started last cycle. I use a moon cup and I like it because of the mess factor. I did conceive last cycle but had a MC, who knows if it was because of the moon cup? I'm using it again this cycle.

They can be tricky to get out, but I do it in the shower. You have to relax, push down and find the end and pull. It's not glamorous to remove but then you don't get any leaking for the next day.

This was my first cycle using softcups. Still in the TWW so can't say if they helped or not. I will say that the softcups kept everything nice and close to the cervix. Divacups sit a little lower. It was easy to get out (just hook finger underneath it), but it was messy to remove. Nice to have less mess immediately afterwards though.

Thank you for sharing your experience sarah2211! :) And lots of baby dust!
I started last cycle. I use a moon cup and I like it because of the mess factor. I did conceive last cycle but had a MC, who knows if it was because of the moon cup? I'm using it again this cycle.

They can be tricky to get out, but I do it in the shower. You have to relax, push down and find the end and pull. It's not glamorous to remove but then you don't get any leaking for the next day.

Thank you for sharing your experience BelleNuit! :)
So would you say you recommend soft cup more compared to diva cup?
Good luck on your TWW! Lots of baby dust to everyone who's trying!
This was my first cycle using softcups. Still in the TWW so can't say if they helped or not. I will say that the softcups kept everything nice and close to the cervix. Divacups sit a little lower. It was easy to get out (just hook finger underneath it), but it was messy to remove. Nice to have less mess immediately afterwards though.

I'd suggest the soft cups simply because it literally holds it all next to the cervix. I use it with pre seed. The diva cup sits much lower, so I think it would help with the mess, but I'm not sure if it would help with getting the swimmers closer to where you want them!

Oh ok thank you BelleNuit! :)
Also, I read online that some women said when trying to remove soft cup, try to bear down(as if having bowel movement), does that help to remove it easier? Do you have any tips on how to insert it/removing it?
I'd suggest the soft cups simply because it literally holds it all next to the cervix. I use it with pre seed. The diva cup sits much lower, so I think it would help with the mess, but I'm not sure if it would help with getting the swimmers closer to where you want them!

Rawan I literally had NO trouble removing it. I just slipped my finger under the edge of it and pulled it out. I've read bearing down can help some women if its sitting a little snug. Inserting was pretty easy... just make sure you get the cup facing the right way over your cervix (open side up when you put it in). Squeeze it together and pop it in! Nothing to it!

Ok BelleNuit, thank you! :) I think I will order from amazon then and try it when DH is back.
Rawan I literally had NO trouble removing it. I just slipped my finger under the edge of it and pulled it out. I've read bearing down can help some women if its sitting a little snug. Inserting was pretty easy... just make sure you get the cup facing the right way over your cervix (open side up when you put it in). Squeeze it together and pop it in! Nothing to it!

If you do it in the shower the mess factor isn't such a big one. Where I live, I've never seen the disposable soft cups. I use the reusable moon cup with a bit of preseed.

At first I found it tricky to remove, but you just have to relax a little, bear down and it should be easy to get out. You also need to make sure you've popped the seal. So you just push it at one side and it'll pop. It's hard to explain. I learnt just by having a go with it.

Oh ok thank you Sarah2211! :)
I just ordered soft cup from amazon, going to practice it first, then after DH is back, then I am going to try that for next cycle!
If you do it in the shower the mess factor isn't such a big one. Where I live, I've never seen the disposable soft cups. I use the reusable moon cup with a bit of preseed.

At first I found it tricky to remove, but you just have to relax a little, bear down and it should be easy to get out. You also need to make sure you've popped the seal. So you just push it at one side and it'll pop. It's hard to explain. I learnt just by having a go with it.

Also, do you insert the cup right after bd? Or do you wait for a few minutes? Thank you!

Straight after. It also means you can get up, go wee quickly and come back and lie down. Don't do number 2s with it in though haha.

Have a play with it and maybe watch some YouTube videos?

Thank you Sarah2211! :)
I guess I was being paranoid thinking that if I do it the wrong way, I might be blocking the sperm from going into my cervix that's why i asked...
Yeah, I will probably test it for my period first, then use it during my fertile days
Straight after. It also means you can get up, go wee quickly and come back and lie down. Don't do number 2s with it in though haha.

Have a play with it and maybe watch some YouTube videos?

I'll let you know if I get a bfp this month as was my first month using them. Will be testing tomorrow.

Thanks Rawan! I'm definitely feeling nervous about it! I haven't taken a HPT in several months, but I have reason to believe that AF may not show tomorrow as I haven't started spotting yet and I always start spotting 2 says in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->