DIY help - tile painting & tile question

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

Not sure if anyone can help! The previous owners of our house painted the kitchen tiles a lovely blue. They do like nice BUT a few of the tiles near the sink have become damp and the paint has peeled so needs replacing. I need to remove some of the old sealer between the sideboard and tiles as this is manky now also :haha: I believe I need to peel back the paint that is damaged and then clean the surface and make sure it is all dry before hand.

I dont know the colour they used so am I going to settle with just finding a similar colour (which I am struggling with lol)? It is like a sky blue/baby blue kinda colour. How do I go about painting them to make them look almost like the others, obviously you will always be able to tell they have been repainted compared to the others :nope: but it is something I will have to settle with for now. Lol.

Any tips welcome!! :)

Also if I wanted to repaint all the tiles is that easy enough to do?

And last question one of my bathroom tiles on the windowsill seems to have some very faint hairline cracking in it, now I am not sure if this is just in the coating of the tile or the actual tile. I reckon no way in hell could I find a replacement for this tile as they are quite different and have been there quite a few years (before we moved in 7 years ago). Is there anything I could maybe coat it in to keep its life longer - I mean I am not saying it will crack anytime soon as it has been like this for a while.

Thanks ladies!!! :thumbup:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"