Dizziness after childbirth?

MissFish

Reaction score
Anyone experience this? I'm almost 3 weeks PP & I keep on having dizzy spells, one really bad last week where I almost fainted. I was at an outdoor concert & started feeling really lightheaded. Everything went sorta dark, I was confused & had to sit down for awhile before I felt normal again. My friend said I had a blank stare & started trying to walk when she told me to sit down. I don't remember any of that. That was by far the most extreme episode but a few times a day I get light headed when I stand & it's unusual for me.

My blood pressure was perfect through my pregnancy so I'm really confused. I didn't lose an extraordinary amount of blood during delivery either. The only thing I can think of is my BP did drop during labor & I was given meds intravenously to correct it. However, due to another issue during L&D I was closely monitored for 48 hours & my Bp was fine. Ie a nurse took my vitals every 4 hours around the clock....so seems they would has mentioned any issue there?? :shrug:

I still have 3 weeks until my 6 week check up, should I call or is it a case of my body settling & hormones going back to normal?

i would give them a call, just to be on the safe side.
xx

Give them a call. I've felt faint a few times pp but not to the same extreme as you. I just thought it may be my iron so take iron tablets now and again! Try make sure you're drinking and eating well.

Do you think you could be doing too much and not resting enough? Could be your body telling you to slow down a bit if you are doing too much too soon.

Sounds to me like either low iron levels (I had extreme dizziness, room spinning and nausea 4 weeks after having Louis and turned out my hb levels were very low) but then I lost quite a lot of blood. It also seems symptomatic of low blood pressure with the dizziness but don't wait till your 6 week check-up, go to your doctors as soon as to get it checked out and try to get someone to help you out a bit if possible xx

I'm 7 weeks pp and still get awful dizzy spells, nausea, lightheaded and weak- I lost quite a bit of blood though, am still taking iron tablets . But I can also say I wasn't jumping round an outdoor concert 3 wks pp- a trip to the co op was enOugh to finish me- slow down girl! Lol x

i had this badly aswell, Went to docs and it turns out it was vertigo!!!

yuk , it comes and goes when it feels like it now!

I'm 10 nearly 11 weeks pp and I have terrible dizziness and light headedness. I lost a lot of blood and have been taking iron, I had my blood taken a couple of weeks ago and my iron and hb had returned to normal but I'm still symptomatic, I've my 6 week check tomorrow so will find out more then

Sounds to me like either low iron levels (I had extreme dizziness, room spinning and nausea 4 weeks after having Louis and turned out my hb levels were very low) but then I lost quite a lot of blood. It also seems symptomatic of low blood pressure with the dizziness but don't wait till your 6 week check-up, go to your doctors as soon as to get it checked out and try to get someone to help you out a bit if possible xx

^^^ WSS :thumbup:

I had low Iron levels too, and exact same symptoms that you are describing..Also had VERY low BP... and did faint 2-3 times after LO....

My best advice- try not to do too much at once! make outings short so you dont get exhausted. :hugs:

i felt dizzy quite badly, and the GP said it was due to fluid imbalances after child birth, and something to do with the inner ear. i was also aneamic for a while but the dizziness continued after this was treated, i still get it now a little and im 7 weeks pp but i think its lack of sleep!! x

I had dizzy spells too after birth, I don't ever drink much water and was not eating well. The doctor told me to drink more water and continue taking my prenatal or multi-vitamins, or Ensure. It got better right away. But do talk to your OBGYN just to see what they suggest.

i had it badly, but i collapsed after LOwas born. i lost barely any blood but my iron levels were dangerously low and they couldnt work out why
i had two blood transfusions and was iron tablets for weeks after
id go docs and get everything checked, imagine if you were walking downstairs holding LO and collapsed..better to get it checked :)

i would go and request a blood test at your GP sounds like low iron levels to me

i had something similar, mild dizzyness, a few weeks later an horredous diblitating tiredness took over me.

turns out my iron levels were low. went on iron tablets, the tiredness left me and so did the occassional dizzyness

Go to docs and get bp checked could be either low or high x

I fainted after I had given birth and was dizzy for a few days afterwards. I was on iron tablets. I lost quite a lot of blood.

I had my check up with GP today, my anaemia has cleared and
Hb and iron now normal, so I can stop iron supplements, my GP is now checking my thyroid. You should definitely get your bloods checked for iron and thyroid problems, these are very common post partum.

My goodness!! I'm horrible at calling the doctor if I don't feel well, but I better make an exception, don't want to be passing out while caring for LO... n it hasn't gotten any better since my OP.

Thanks for the info ladies!!

Oh n don't worry I wasn't bouncing around a mosh pit or anything 2 weeks PP, just a couple hours out of the house with my girlfriends.. Didn't even drink, I was too nervous OH wouldn't wake up to care for Yari throughout the night lol :)

I started with the dizzy spells 2 weeks after birth, we put it down to me bleeding alot afterwards. 15 weeks on and still the same, I am now being tested for thyroid issues, apparantly this is common after pregnancy.

Hope you get to the bottom of it. I would go back to your doctors asap and requests some blood tests to rule out anything rather than wait for your 6 week appointment

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->