Dizziness and lightheaded ness

ashleyg

Mama to three
Reaction score
Anyone else get dizzy or lightheaded often? This just recently started happening to me! Yesterday I got up from the couch and took a few steps and had to stop and clutch the wall because I got so lightheaded! Then I woke up from my nap tonight and the room was spinning a little

Yes every day from about 3 weeks although it's easing off a bit now. Hope it gets better for you soon.

Yes every day from about 3 weeks although it's easing off a bit now. Hope it gets better for you soon.

Okay. I wanted to make sure nothing was wrong and that it wasn't an odd symptom!

I've had it from about 5 wks on. Have learnt to pause every time I stand up!!

I had it around 5/6 weeks, then it stopped but yesterday it was really bad, I grabbed the wall twice after standing up!

I think it's related to low blood pressure.

X

Yep, every pregnancy!

I started getting light headed and dizzy at 4 and a half weeks. It's normal. Happy and healthy nine months!!!

I remember while I was in the waiting room at the OB for my last baby a lady had her name called to see the Dr. She stood up an collapsed right away...I overheard a nurse say she was there because of syncope while pregnant. It can be serious if you have a true syncope episode, so watch your dizziness and lightheaded ness and make sure it doesn't manifest into anything more serious like syncope. Causes can be numerous.....blood sugar, blood pressure, congenital, baby pressing on a nerve, amniotic embolism, preeclampsia, etc. If you have an issue, see a doctor right away and they can do more tests to determine a cause and possibly control it.

I have low blood pressure normally so the pregnancy has made the light headedness and dizzy spells much worse. Was at the beach yesterday and was squatting for just a moment to grab something and as I stood up nearly collapsed.

Thanks so much girls. Good to know its normal but I will definitely keep an eye on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->