Dizziness and weakness after meals?

Discussion in 'Gestational Complications' started by Perplexed, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Perplexed

Perplexed Mommy of 2

I don’t know if this is a true complication of pregnancy but I just figured I’d ask in case someone had a similar experience.

Over the past few weeks I noticed that at various points of the day I would feel dizzy, tired, almost ill with a fever (but no actual fever!) even a bit nauseous. Now I’ve realized this happens after my meals, and it seems worse at lunch but can happen after dinner. Around an hour after my meals is when I start to see spots (not severe but I wouldn’t attempt to drive anyway). My blood pressure is within normal range.

I do get migraines but the symptoms are kind of different (hypersensitivity to light and sound a few hours before it starts hurting) so it isn’t the same at all in my experience. Any idea as to what this could be? Anyone experience something similar? I am currently 11 weeks pregnant and first noticed this around a month ago.

2. IchigoMewMew

IchigoMewMew Me, DH and DD

When you say your BP is within normal range, is that taken at the times of dizziness? BP can fluctuate and after eating can be a trigger in some people if there's not enough fluid intake