Dizziness- can anything prevent it?

LucyFur

Reaction score
A friend dragged me out with her and her dd today. I've been stuck at home, feeling exhausted and quite sorry for myself. I was pushing the pram for about 20 minutes and was so exhausted we had to stop for lunch. I thought it might help to sit and eat. But no sooner as we had left I came over shaky. We stopped off at one shop and I was there all of a minute before the room started spinning and I jut had to get out. I feel terrible, but I couldn't risk driving them home again in case I fainted at the wheel. As it was I had a slow drive with the window open and was prepared to stop the moment I started feelin dizzy.

I've eaten and drank today, sat down outside with my head low as soon as I felt dizzy. But is there anything else I can do? I don't want to risk fainting at work, or driving on a motorway for example. I'm home now with my feet up and aside from a headache, I'm feeling a lot better. But I can't just stop what I'm doing and lie down at work.

Are you anemic?

I take an extra iron supplement (300mg/day) in addition to my prenatal vitamin. Sometimes when I feel extra exhausted or dizzy/shaky, its because I've stopped taking it. Within a few days I feel much better.

The other possibility is low blood pressure.

How you had either checked lately? If not, I'd go to your doctor to explain your symptoms and have them check your hemoglobin levels and blood pressure to see if they are in the normal range.

Hope you feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->