Do/did you have a 'routine' with your newborn

Gemie

Mum to 3
Reaction score
By routine I mean did you do the same thing each night like take them to bed with you in the first few weeks etc?

When my daughter was first born, I was so tired and out of it (pnd) I went to bed around 8pm and dh kept her downstairs so I could sleep for a solid amount of time.
I'm not p,ann ing on having pnd this time (famous last words!) I'm already on meds from last time so I'm hoping it bypasses me and were going to be co sleeping (bedside cot) so I was planning on taking little man up with me?

I'm probably just fooling myself in thinking I can be so organised in the first few weeks :dohh:
What do/did you do?

We've been doing much the same with both of ours. Baby stays with us in the living room in the evenings, we watch tv and baby sleeps in a Moses basket or on my or daddies chest. We go up to bed around 11 and baby goes into a bedside cot. Last time, we started putting baby to bed before us around 4 months. We'll probably do much the same again.

We just let them sleep downstairs during the first weeks. From quite early on, about 1 month, we did the bath, pj's on, feed, bed thing and now at 4 months he just knows what's going to happen and he gets all excited. I had pnd last time and some times it all still is a bit overwhelming but I was surprised how easy I found it all this time round, which kept me more relaxed. X

We just let them sleep downstairs during the first weeks. From quite early on, about 1 month, we did the bath, pj's on, feed, bed thing and now at 4 months he just knows what's going to happen and he gets all excited. I had pnd last time and some times it all still is a bit overwhelming but I was surprised how easy I found it all this time round, which kept me more relaxed. X

Because I had such a huge gap between children it was like starting again last time, I don't think I was totally prepared for a newborn. Hopefully because I did it not long ago ill be in the zone this time and it won't come as so much of a shock :) x

I was dreading it, and was amazed how easy I found it all. Guess it was still fresh in my head how I had to do it. It
Sometimes still is hard, say when I had to get up 5 times during the night because of feeds and then my toddler running around in the morning **sigh**. But I found it loads and loads easier than the first time. Even labour was easy and I was hardly tired afterwards.
Fingers crossed it'll all go better for you too x

At 7pm my oh bathes and puts dd1 to bed and I change dd2 (5 weeks old) and get into bed and feed her til she's asleep. Then oh comes up and we watch tv in bed. I'm too exhausted to stay up any longer!

My routine is just to survive! But we let her sleep wherever we are and take her to bed when we do, around midnight. I know it sounds late but she's wide awake from 10-12 anyway and will sleep in until 10 or 11am, with feeds and changes in between.

Not really other than he generally comes up to bed with me around 10. He co sleeps do I lay with him and bf and he usually settles then. He is ruled by constant wind and griping pain at the moment so each evening can be quite unpredictable. Hopefully that ll ease soon and we'll introduce more of a routine x

Up until last week, we did bath, massage, bottle and then downstairs with us until we went to bed - she would sleep in her rocker. For the past week (LO is 7 weeks old), we put her in her Moses basket after her bottle at 7 and leave her to sleep. We bring the monitor downstairs with her and check on her every 30 minutes.

First few weeks phoebe stayed downstairs with us asleep in the carrycot. From about 2 months i began taking her upstairs to feed and put her down. I did go to bed at the same time as her but last week or two ive been leaving her with the monitor on. Hubby and i are getting our evenings back :happydance:

Only thing I kept consistent was bedtime routine. Bath or sponge bath every night and then a bottle and bed. Best thing I ever did. Now baby knows its bedtime and waits for her bath to do her long night time stretch! Bed time routine saved us :)

First few weeks in our room and now since she turned 6 weeks is in her own crib and room all night. I love it! She sleeps amazing! I see her on video monitor so I know all is well :)

Oo this has given me some great insight!
I think at 2 months ill gey a monotor and start putting him down upstairs after his bath n bottle. :)

At the mo we do bath n bottle but ue goes down in his basket downstairs with us then moves upstairs when we do

I think at 2 months ill gey a monotor and start putting him down upstairs after his bath n bottle. :)

At the mo we do bath n bottle but ue goes down in his basket downstairs with us then moves upstairs when we do

Do it!! Trust me best thing we ever did! Baby slept 7 hrs last night!!!

its kindof a blur... i think i spent about 75% of my day in the nursing chair. dh would keep her in the living room at nite between feeds

Do it!! Trust me best thing we ever did! Baby slept 7 hrs last night!!!

Our babies born in same week!

Wish mine slept 7 hours hehe

He stays downstairs with me until I'm tired then I take him upstairs, change him, feed him in bed then we snuggle down together and co-sleep.

No way! I was and still am baby lead! A new born is too young to start any kind of routine IMO!!

Lots of great tips!! I need to stalk this thread. I would like to start a routine early, mainly so he does not confuse his days/nights, but right now things are way too hectic.

I started a routine at about a week honestly. Bath story breast then bed. He took to it quick but he seems to like routine. My first hated it lol so we just went with the flow. DS though now even at 3 months loves his routine and most nights goes to bed at the same time save for growth sorts and wonder weeks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->