Do female only-children rarely have kids?

daneuse27

Reaction score
I know this seems like a weird question, but there's a possibility that my daughter might be my only child. I'm 27, and am not married yet so I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to have more children in the future :( I'd like to, I'm just not sure if its in the cards.

I was just thinking yesterday that every singe female only child I know never ended up having children. Either that, or they are still young like me but don't seem to be anywhere near having children. About 10 people come to mind that fit this category, and not a single one has kids.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm worried I won't have grandkids if my daughter ends up being my only child :wacko: I know this sounds ridiculous, as she is only 17 months old. But I keep wondering why female only children rarely have kids; has it something to do with how they are raised, possibly? Or has it just been my experience that they dont?

Thoughts?

I'm an only child, I'm 20 and currently 34 weeks pregnant with a rainbow baby. :)

I'd say what you've noticed is just a coincidence!

My best friend is an only child, she's getting married soon and can't wait to have babies. Another I know has a toddler, another I know is pregnant... I'd def say it's just been your experience :)

Just your experience. Also, at 27. you still have loads of time! I didn't get together with my OH until I was 32.

I have older step siblings, they are so much older than me that they had already left home when I was born. So I was brought up as an only child, and was my mothers only child. I have 4 earth children and an angel. Like someone else said you still have lots of time to have more, I had DD at 40 x

I think it's just coincidence that you know so many people that don't have kids. Maybe they just haven't met the right person yet? And like you said that they're still young so still plenty of time.

I don't see myself having another kid or getting married either so I hope its coincidental ;)

When I was 27 the only one of my female friends that did have kids was the only one who was an only child! She had one at 24 and another at 26. Most of my close friends have been in their early 30s when they had their first.

I'm an only child and have a son, and would like more! My grandmother is an only child and had 2 and adopted 1. Most of the others I can think of haven't had any yet, but most people I know are early to mid twenties, so no children yet although they definitely do want them in the future. I think it's just a coincidence or they haven't found the right person yet x

I'm an only child about to have my 4th baby!

I am an only child and have 2 children

I only know 2 female only children that I can think of. One is 27, no children yet but is keen for 2+. The other is my mum, and she had 4 children.

I have step siblings a lot older but was essentially an only child. I'm 30 and have 3 boys.

I think (just a theory) that nowadays it's more common for people to have children later and later. In our group of friends and acquaintances, I can name 3 people that have children now at our age or younger. We're not old, 30!, but people we know are only just starting to settle down. We've got 2 weddings to go to this year lol and a lot of friends of ours are talking about 'kids in a few years!'. At 27 you certainly have plenty of time, and just because your peers are not having babies now doesn't mean they wont in future.

And, don't worry about not having grandchildren. I once read that only children are actually more likely to have children (not just a child, children lol) as they are more likely to not want to be lonely/their child to grow up alone. I know I certainly thought like that. We're done now, but we definitely didn't want to stop at 1 lol.

I have step siblings a lot older but was essentially an only child. I'm 30 and have 3 boys.

I think (just a theory) that nowadays it's more common for people to have children later and later. In our group of friends and acquaintances, I can name 3 people that have children now at our age or younger. We're not old, 30!, but people we know are only just starting to settle down. We've got 2 weddings to go to this year lol and a lot of friends of ours are talking about 'kids in a few years!'. At 27 you certainly have plenty of time, and just because your peers are not having babies now doesn't mean they wont in future.

And, don't worry about not having grandchildren. I once read that only children are actually more likely to have children (not just a child, children lol) as they are more likely to not want to be lonely/their child to grow up alone. I know I certainly thought like that. We're done now, but we definitely didn't want to stop at 1 lol.

I definitely thought like this too!

27 is still so young-you have plenty of time to have more.

I have an aunt who was one of 4, and never had kids-think what you have noticed is a fluke.

I am an only child and just had our baby girl. I plan to have at least 1 more, possibly 2. :)

I agree, 27 is still so young you have plenty of time but anyway, I know a couple of people were an only child and have their own children now so don't worry :hugs:

It's not so much my age, its my daughter age. Ideally it would be great to have kids close together, but by the time I have everything in order she might be over 5 :(

It's not so much my age, its my daughter age. Ideally it would be great to have kids close together, but by the time I have everything in order she might be over 5 :(

There's 6.5 years between my sister and I, we've always been great friends xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->