Do i go to work tomorrow or not ?

jentomo

my to 1 and 1 on the way
Reaction score
Hi ya
wishing you all a happy christmas, now i have a dilema Do i go to work tommorrow or not. The reason i am asking is because we have had the snow on friday (northamptonshire) It's still on the ground and it is very very icy, friday my hubby took me in his 4x4 which is great on the snow, Iam not a confident driver on ice, But am so worried about falling over on the icy paths. Do you think my work will be annoyed with me over this if i don't go, I am a homehelp and have to travel around to different houses. What would you do ?

I'd stay home, you really don't want to be putting yourself at risk x

its a health and safety issue and they should take responsibilty for helping you to get to work by either asking council to grit as stopping workers in work safely

I had a big argument with my work last year as the site is private property and all paths and roads were dangerous and i rhesus negative too so any trip or fall can be dangerous, i got into an argument as they were responsible and if i was injured on their property and they hadnt gritted it was negligence and i could sue (trying to scare them) at one point was carefully stepping on path and a car came flying at me crashed into the curb and frightened my half to death it had skidded on the black ice and twisted all its chasis

at that point i didnt go into work when the ground was bad they tried not to pay me and told them i would take them to court

sorry to go but its really not on pay all our council tax and they cant be bothered to sling a bit of grit on the paths really takes the piss

ask for a risk assesment people get taken out of factories as too dangerous why should you walk / drive in dangerous conditions ask them to find you other work while the weather is bad

as you can tell sore subject for me :)

i wouldnt, ive just pushed a pram in it, its horrid.

rumour has it our council FORGOT to order grit this year for the whole capital!

I also work in the same kinda sector and we get drivers if we cant go to work because of the road conditions maybe ask them if they can provide the same?

Personally I wouldn't unless you have some proper grippy shoes. Apparently Wiltshire seems to have forgotten to grit roads and pavements and walking on it, especially when it's black ice is trecherous at the moment.

If you think it's too risky, and may cause harm to you or your baby then don't go. I had my maternaty risk assesment at work the other day and they said that I had to use my own judgement to decide if a situation was risky or not. Based on that I decided not to drive to Cumbria today as the forecast wasn't looking too good, and my car's really not good on icy roads.

I have been off today because work didn't want me to go in, but I had to use a days holiday for it. I have to go in tomorrow really as I only have half a day holiday left of my entitlement and then it's unpaid.

I am rhesus neg, so really really need to avoid any falls or bumps.

I took some pictures out of the window and put them on my facebook incase people from work want to get funny.

At first the manager was saying that all the main roads are clear so should be fine to get to work, but when I reminded her that we had to abandon the car at the supermarket yesterday and DH wouldn't be able to get the car up to me so would have to walk down the hill.... And after them saying 'so you aren't even on a bus route??' and me replying 'I am but it's a shame the buses aren't running up the steep hill' they then changed their mind.

It really does wind me up. I'm not a slacker, I work really hard and always go above and beyond my job profile to help out, and I'm treated like one of the lazy ones in the office!!

Xxx

I'm having the same problem. It takes me 2 hours to get to work on 2 different buses! I live in Bristol and attempted to go into work today but as soon as I left the house I fell over, then none of the buses where letting anymore people on as they were full. I ended up waiting 40 mins for a bus that was "due in 6 mins" and noone would let me sit down once I got on it and to top it all off I started getting stomach pains which scared the sh*t out of me!!
My second bus wasnt running!! But luckily my mums friend lives right next to the bus stop so I went in for some warmth and dry socks!! lol!!
In the end my uncle took me the rest of the way to work. I was only an hour late which i think is quite impressive for such a stressful morning, but I have told work if tomorrow is any worse or even if it is still the same I'm not coming in and risking my babies life for work!!

you know i never thought about being rhesus negative being more risky, but i suppose it is if you get a bleed... how much more risky is it? i'm ab-.

abz xx

If you have any kind of trauma to the stomach then you'll need to go to the doc's for an Anti-D jab. I'm o- and paranoid about slipping over in this weather!!

wow just rang work at 8.45 this morning paranoid that they would be offish with me for not going in today, but actually they were really nice and have signed me off today and tommorow aswell so now got 2 weeks off

result!! look after yourself :)

today is my last day before speeding off to denmark for christmas. woo.

abz xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"