Do these sound like symptoms of IBS?

rubywoo77

Mum of 2
Reaction score
I can't believe I am posting this as I feel embarassed but I have been ignoring the below symptoms for ages (close on to a year - I hate going to the doctor), (sorry in advance for tmi)

Anyway, most mornings (4/5 mornings) within 10 minutes of waking up I tend to get stomach cramps medium to severe pain that only goes if I go to the toilet for bm, when I go it is uncomfortable and sometimes hurts, but as soon as I have had a bm the cramps go. Sometimes I have to go at least twice. I tend to feel bloated most of the time. This has been happening for a very long time the cramps only occure first thing in the morning.

I tried googling the symptoms (never a good idea I know) and IBS was one of the things listed. Does anyone suffer from IBS? what are/were you're symptoms?.

Hiya :flower:

I've got IBS and it's nothing to be embarrassed about lovely, my symptoms were similar to yours, cramps, bloating but I also can feel quite sick with mine too - they got worse before I ended up going to the Drs.

My Dr just had a feel of my stomach, couldn't feel anything untoward so got me an ultrasound to rule out, gallstones, colitis, kidney issues etc etc, everything came back clear. So IBS was diagnosed.

My Dr suggested I started to write down what i'd eaten throughout the day to basically see what triggered the reaction and with me it was anything with a high fat content, so I was told to eat a low fat diet which I do and it does help, i'm not saying it goes completely, I can eat something i've had a hundred times before and suddenly it'll trigger the cramps. I also find if i've had a lot of coffee or fizzy drinks that can play me up too.

I really do think that you should go to Drs though just to be checked out. I hope that helps, any more questions just shout :hugs:

Thank you so much for replying.

I do drink a lot of fizzy drinks, sometimes late in the evening, my diet isn't the greatest. I guess the next step is to see my gp. Do you need to take any medication or are you managing it through diet alone?.

I don't take any medication I do it purely through my diet and i'm pretty sure there isn't really anything that 100% works medication wise, unfortunately it seems to be just one of those things :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->