do they cut on the same c-section scar line 2nd time round???

yrose20118

Reaction score
Hiya,

I had an emergency c-section and have been advised if I have another baby to have another section... daft question but do they cut on the same line???

Thanks ladies!!!

xxx

I have had 2 c-sections and both were cut on the same line. I was advised that my 3rd will be cut along the same line as well. The only time they would need to do a classical incision would be if there was too much scarring from your previous c-section or if they could not get to the baby for some reason.

mine were on the same line too x

Mine too. They managed to make the scar neater this time too!

Same line for me too, and it looks better than the first time...and my first one was barely noticable!

sorry to but in but does it hurt more second time round? is the recovery time longer?

My first scar was a bit wonky, i'd had an infection and staples.. so as i was just getting prepped for my section i asked her to give me a new neater scar and not to staple (it was the same surgeon) and she did as i asked :)

Leame224, Nope and i found my recovery better :) Both were EMCS, although first was more rushed to due baby in distress and second was planned but baby wanted to come early so still classed as EMCS but not so much as my first.

I think my 2nd was easier than the first. Maybe it's because your more prepared and know what to expect

They did the incision in the same spot for 3 of my c-sections, my 4th c-section they had to cut a new incision. They didn't do a vertical (or classical), they just cut a little bit below the old incision. The reason for the new incision was that there were complications during my 3rd c-section due to scar tissue- they couldn't stretch the skin open and had trouble getting the baby out. I am not sure how they will do my 5th c-section.

As far as recovery, for me- the 2nd and 3rd c-sections were easier than my first to recover from. But I had labor with my first as well...I also had labor with my 4th- which makes a big difference. Going into a scheduled c-section is much easier in a sense because your body isn't wearing itself out with labor. The anxiety of the surgery itself seems worse when not in labor though, lol.

Michelle did any of the docs say anything about your quick second pregnancy after a c section re complications etc. I want ttc again 4-5 months after a c section you see. Thanks :flower:

Michelle did any of the docs say anything about your quick second pregnancy after a c section re complications etc. I want ttc again 4-5 months after a c section you see. Thanks :flower:

Nope, i was really worried..went to see the doctor when i found out i was pregnant with my second expecting to hear a list of everything that could/would go wrong. She seemed baffled i'd come to see her, never once mentioned scar rupture or anything else and told me to go see the midwife but if i ever felt too much pain around my scar then to make an appointment to see her.
When i saw my midwife (same one as for my daughter) she laughed and said "theres always one in the group thats back here after a few months"
Again, no scary horror stories and said exactly what my doctor did.
I saw a consultant (cant remember when) and we discussed my options. I had already decided a planned section (other complications to do with my previous birth) But she did say she would give me 60% VBAC chance and fully support me whatever my choice was. The only thing was that i'd be monitored a lot closer during the birth "just in case"

So, no, no scary stories here :flower:

Thanks Hun that's great to know :happydance:

Nope, i was really worried..went to see the doctor when i found out i was pregnant with my second expecting to hear a list of everything that could/would go wrong. She seemed baffled i'd come to see her, never once mentioned scar rupture or anything else and told me to go see the midwife but if i ever felt too much pain around my scar then to make an appointment to see her.
When i saw my midwife (same one as for my daughter) she laughed and said "theres always one in the group thats back here after a few months"
Again, no scary horror stories and said exactly what my doctor did.
I saw a consultant (cant remember when) and we discussed my options. I had already decided a planned section (other complications to do with my previous birth) But she did say she would give me 60% VBAC chance and fully support me whatever my choice was. The only thing was that i'd be monitored a lot closer during the birth "just in case"

So, no, no scary stories here :flower:

I've been wondering the same thing. Thanks for the question!

I'm by no means saying its 100% without its risks, and people will say "oh no, you must wait x amount of time" and "my doctor say this.."
But, not every single person will wait 2 years.. people want small age gaps and people have "surprises" myself included. So i'm by no means a cheerleader for go out there and get pregnant asap, but at the same time try to take all the scare stories with a pinch of salt or consult your own doctor :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->