Do they really cry?

shyfly

Reaction score
:cry: I read in one of my baby books that baby's can cry while inside the womb. Can they really? have any of you heard this? I had a nightmare last night after reading that and I dreamed my baby was crying and I couldn't help him because he is still inside.

Hummmmmm must admit this is a new one on me i've never heard of it!!

Kinda freaked me out now TBH ... didn't cope to well when i found out something was peeing inside me lol!

xxx

Don't think this is true because to cry you have to push oxygen out from the lungs through the voal chords. Babys can't do this until birth which is why crying is a good sign of breathing upon birth. Hope this puts your mind at rest. Nightmmares about the baby, or anything else for that matter, are very common at your stage of pregnancy. I remember dreaming my dad died in a hangliding accident, I woke up sobbing and had to ring him at 4am to make sure he was alright. he has never been hangliding!

I agree, they couldn't make a sound as they need air.
i don't know whether they would go through the motions of crying, apparently they 'breathe' in the womb.

That's true they 'practise' breathing but why would they need to cry?

They can grimace and smile in the womb and can dream as they have REM sleep, 4D pics have shown this, but not cry. In fact some babies are 3 months old before they cry tears because the tear ducts are not always even developed at birth. so if they cant make noise and they cant shead tears they cant be crying. In order to feel upset though they would have to experience living, so any emotions they feel in the womb are very basic, like pain or discomfort or shock etc, more reactions that emotions.

YES they do cry, obviously they do not make the sound, but yes they do cry....I was told this bit of info this time round with Alfie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->