Do u ache when move to on to different sides in the night?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by familygirl30, Jun 1, 2013.

1. familygirl30

familygirl30 Well-Known Member

I can't get comfy so twist and turn in bed,but when do last few weeks been hard cus ache at top of legs and down below,anyone same?

2. Sam182

Sam182 Mum to a 27 week preemie

I spend the whole night tossing and turning because everything hurts!

3. Dolly84

Dolly84 Pregnant with #2 :-)

I'm the same but just hurt at bottom of bump when I turn from left to right xxxx I'm assuming its bubs and waters weighing heavier xxx

4. nickynora

nickynora 1 fab 4yr old & 1 angel x

I have this and occasionally when I'm walking!

When I mentioned it to my midwife she said it was SPD, and if the pain got too bad then she'd refer me to a physio, luckily I only have just under 2 weeks left or I'd defo be asking for a referral now.

She said to try keep knees together when turning or getting into/out of bed and that help ease the pain a little.

It might be worth mentioning it to your midwife and she what sshe suggests x

5. sophie22

sophie22 Well-Known Member

Yep. It's not nice

6. mspotter

mspotter Mummy!!

Yep, i get the worst aching hips in the night! If i can stay on my dream genii pillow its not too bad but must really fidget in my sleep cos i always wake up miles away from it!!

7. MomPepperdine

MomPepperdine Well-Known Member

When I roll my pubic bone hips and back all pop it hurts sooo much

8. sue_88

sue_88 Well-Known Member

I get the pain in top of my bump and my crotch! Ouch!!

9. HopefulCookie

HopefulCookie Well-Known Member

My body aches all the time while I sleep.

10. Babushka

Babushka Well-Known Member

I was aching really badly on the opposite side to where I was laying, the pain went from my hip to my knee. I finally went to the physio after a few months and it was because my pelvis was twisted/rotated. She does a few exercises on me each week and I haven't had the problem since. However, my hips still hurt on the side I'm laying on and I get pains in my buttocks at night too, I'm weeks today & can't wait to be able to sleep comfortably again :)

11. Jcliff

Jcliff Well-Known Member

My entire body is aching at all times. At night is the worst :(

12. nabo86

nabo86 Mam

i seem to ache all the time too - i try to keep my knees together but still get lots of pain :-(

if anyone is in a lot of pain I would urge you to let your MW know asap so you can be referred - it took 8 weeks for me to get an appointment with physio! (that was after I said the first appointment they offered would be no good as the baby would probably be here by then!)

13. MrsTurner2012

MrsTurner2012 Well-Known Member

My thighs and hips go numb :0(

14. stickylizard

stickylizard Well-Known Member

God yes. And the busier a day I've had the worse it is. If I've had an active day then have a rest, when I start again it hurts so much in my upper thighs! I am only 27 weeks, but I did not have this so much with my daughter but she was my first baby. With Toby it was sooooo much worse from about 32 weeks but I put that down to how close I had him to Ella! ...So its started even earlier this time, my poor stretched ligaments! Xxx

15. Sephie

Sephie Expecting our first! :)

Yup! Me too! Had a horrible night's sleep last night as I must have pulled a muscle or ligament in my left thigh last night and I was in agony come 4.30am! I wasn't able to lay comfortable on my left or my right and also when I have to turn my bump hurts near the crotch area and the top of the bump too! Acks! Unfortunately for my husband all my shuffling to get comfy woke him up, but bless he's an angel as he massaged the area that hurt and I was able to get an extra 1-2 hours of sleep after he had gotten up and gone to work at 7am this morning!

16. alicecooper

alicecooper 1 girl, 3 boys

oh I am in so much pain in bed at night, it's terrible.

17. Purplehippo

Purplehippo Well-Known Member

Are u also referring to lady bits? Mine feel really bruised and turning over at night can really hurt x

18. Evana

Evana Well-Known Member

I ache too at night the pain in my thighs and hips(the side i am sleeping on)usually wakes me up and then it actually take me 4 to 5 small moves to rotate to one side as my pelvis/hips/stomach all hurt while moving .

I also have pain while trying to stand up from a sitting position........ DH helps a lot when he is around by running to give me a hand when ever i want to go from sitting to standing up position:D (which really helps a lot as he takes most of my weight )

19. amjon

amjon Guest

I have trouble turning over in bed and getting up. The MFM was telling me her twin moms usually complain of the bones in the pelvis hurting when they try to get out of bed or flip over, so think it's just from all the extra weight. I was fine until a couple of weeks ago though.

20. Squiggy

Squiggy Rainbow Baby

ME!!!! I am still able to sleep on my backside but am more comfy on my sides, however, when I lie on my sides I get cramps in the sides of my buttocks! It sucks! It hurts. And I have to keep stretching everything from the hips down LOL!!!