do u believe in god?

and i wasn't referring to anyone in the thread, i've heard all that and worse IRL

atheism offends religious ppl no matter how you say it

Well that isnt true, I know plenty of religious people who believe that others have a right to their own beliefs. I dont think you should put words into other peoples mouths nor make statements like this that seem as if you are talking about all religious people.

and i wasn't referring to anyone in the thread, i've heard all that and worse IRL

My point was, you wrote that in reply to someone saying your opinion was rude. No one said it was okay for religious people to be rude, but neither is it okay for non-relgious to be rude either.

We have an argument about chocolate on the street, I say all people who dont like chocolate are dicks to you (and you like chocolate), it wouldnt then be right for you to come and be rude about/to all people who dont like chocolate just because of me, would it?

I can see what socitycourty is saying, and also referring to no one in this thread as everyone here seems civil, But sometimes I have to hide the fact I am atheist as it does offend people. Some I have met have changed once they found that out, their attitude towards me. had some say "you know for an atheist you are nice " ??Which is a bit insulting. You can be nice without religion. Same as I know not all religious people are judgemental atheist haters. Not all atheists are out to get religion, most just want nothing to do with it and nope not lost and dont need saved *as a friend of mine thinks*.

I personally do not agree with organised religions and fail to see how one can be right when they are often quite similar. But I am spiritual in my own way, don't want to explain it on here but I do pray to someone. I also believe that we should thank the world and worship it because that is in a way our god. And I do think there is some kind of abstract energy or power.

I agree with socitycourty in regards to some organized religion perpetuating horrible judgements and such. I loved my grandma to pieces but she was extremely homophobic due to her religious upbringing and that's NOT okay.

Obviously it isn't the case with every religion or every person but I do believe that people can take it to the extreme and it's dangerous.

I 1000000% believe in God.... Not sure how anyone could go through life not knowing what there purpose in life is, how that you just die and then go no where.... Your life would be pointless... How miracles happen everyday.... How a baby comes from one egg and one sperm...

Tell you the truth it makes me sad when people don't believe....

So you're saying purpose of life = God? Because those that don't believe still get by and still have a purpose in life. Their purpose is to live and be there for their loved ones. In all honesty, I find it sad that you think someone's life is pointless if they don't believe in God. I'm assuming the Christian god? People have given me the "miracle of life" "how amazing it is that a baby comes from a sperm and egg" talk and yes, it is amazing, but even after having one I'm failing to see anything "godly" about it. It's amazing alright, an amazing science. Our bodies already contain the DNA and right amount of chemicals to reproduce. If God exists he doesn't give people babies, people make them. The sperm has a certain number of chromosomes from the father and the egg has a certain number from the number. A good mixture of DNA happens when they meet. The egg lays idle until a reaction happens, something to start the life in it. That reaction is the sperm. The egg then divides and keeps dividing and then receives nutrients from the mother to form into a human. It's a science.

Even if one believes in God, they can still think of it as science and the flow of life that their god has created. I don't know what's out there, I don't know if there is a god. I was raised a Christian and was one for a while, but since have gone from agnostic theism to agnosticism to agnostic atheism to back to agnosticism. I will always remain agnostic. I'd like to think something is out there looking out for us but if there is they aren't doing a very good job. We humans are the ones that hold charity projects, who use our hands to feed the hungry, who feed our own children, who support one another, who bring good or bad into the world. No possible god is to blame or not blame.

I don't have a pointless life. I'm a mother to my child and wife to my husband. I don't know if there is an afterlife but if there isn't none of us will know because we'll be dead.

I dont feel pointless either?? I think how live evolved one was amazing and we have mother nature to thank for that. Its not pointless x

A baby forming from one egg and one sperm is thanks to years of evolution and biological processes.

I have a very full and happy life. It's not pointless because I don't believe in some unseen diety.

I have many people in my life that are Atheists . I could care less what they believe, if they believed Howdy Doody was God, that would be fine. I don't judge them and they don't judge me, it isn't even talked about , cause nobody cares. But what was said above was insulting and not necessary. Like Tasha said you can get your point across without being rude and in my opinion that was rude to say .. You can say you are not Catholic don't believe in it don't want to follow it, but don't lump what some priests have done into the whole of the Catholic Church and Catholicism itself , it is not fair and not true. Pedophiles come in all forms so to use that as an example is wrong and rude.. JMO and I am entitled to it............. By the way I am religious and I never ever in my life told any human being they were going to hell , so again don't lump us all in one pool..

She didn't actually say child abuse. Abuse can mean abuse against gays, etc.

I think its a tad rude to say pointless life for people who dont believe in god. :wacko:
I love my life. Its far from pointless. :thumbup:

I have many people in my life that are Atheists . I could care less what they believe, if they believed Howdy Doody was God, that would be fine. I don't judge them and they don't judge me, it isn't even talked about , cause nobody cares. But what was said above was insulting and not necessary. Like Tasha said you can get your point across without being rude and in my opinion that was rude to say .. You can say you are not Catholic don't believe in it don't want to follow it, but don't lump what some priests have done into the whole of the Catholic Church and Catholicism itself , it is not fair and not true. Pedophiles come in all forms so to use that as an example is wrong and rude.. JMO and I am entitled to it............. By the way I am religious and I never ever in my life told any human being they were going to hell , so again don't lump us all in one pool..

but the church has protected pedophiles, thus contributing to the abuse of more children. who cares about lumping it all together? it's bad enough for me that anyone has done that. if you give money to the church you are furthering the problem.

but the church has protected pedophiles, thus contributing to the abuse of more children. who cares about lumping it all together? it's bad enough for me that anyone has done that. if you give money to the church you are furthering the problem.
I dont see this as lumping it is a fact that the church has harboured pedo priests and even abuse ( I live in Ireland its all to popular here) this is not accusing Catholics of being pedo its stating a fact that abuse has happened in the church among its priests. No one thinks all Catholics are abusers or something.

Who cares about lumping it all together? ME!! And I am not even religious in any way shape or form. Would you think it is okay to say a teacher was convicted of peadophilia so lump all the teachers in together, because it is bad enough that any one would do that? :shrug: I doubt it because you would probably be aware that this is the minority and therefore the majority dont deserve to be put under that label.

It is offensive that you lump them all in together, the church is a wide and diverse place. And yes awful things have happened in some places, with some priests and the like doing awful things but that doesnt mean it is okay to lump them all in together.

Some churchs have protected peadophiles, just like some wives protected their husbands commiting those crimes, it doesnt mean all wives are bad and should be lumped in. What about Jimmy Saville? Does he mean that we should lump all television personalities in together after all one did it and thats bad enough? And what about the people that knew? Politicians, so never vote again because that would be furthering the problem, police so dont vote for those comissioners and dont donate to any police related charity, and of course those television executives, so dont pay your television license.

I just realised your from CA but the same logic applies even if you dont know about the Jimmy Saville case.

Who cares about lumping it all together? ME!! And I am not even religious in any way shape or form. Would you think it is okay to say a teacher was convicted of peadophilia so lump all the teachers in together, because it is bad enough that any one would do that? :shrug: I doubt it because you would probably be aware that this is the minority and therefore the majority dont deserve to be put under that label.

It is offensive that you lump them all in together, the church is a wide and diverse place. And yes awful things have happened in some places, with some priests and the like doing awful things but that doesnt mean it is okay to lump them all in together.

Some churchs have protected peadophiles, just like some wives protected their husbands commiting those crimes, it doesnt mean all wives are bad and should be lumped in. What about Jimmy Saville? Does he mean that we should lump all television personalities in together after all one did it and thats bad enough? And what about the people that knew? Politicians, so never vote again because that would be furthering the problem, police so dont vote for those comissioners and dont donate to any police related charity, and of course those television executives, so dont pay your television license.
Thats another good point. Wouldn't want atheists to be lumped wth the hating ones posting insults about religion on line all the time. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->