Do u get fertility treatment for 2nd baby? ( from docs or hospital)

pebbles10

Reaction score
Hi ladies I had help from docs for many years as I couldn't conceive. I was on metformin, clomid, 4 iuis, temoxafen, and finally hormon injects. In total it took 4 1/2 years.
The gp told me to try and work it out my self but i need some help and advice. If it doesn't work after a year then they might put me back on clomid which didn't even make my eggs grow. :cry:
I have pcos and very very irregular periods
Please help.
I'm scared it's going to take 4 years again and they try these things again that didn't work and got my hopes up and cried after every cycle. I'm scared they won't help me again as I have a 2 yr child.
I've been trying for a while and havnt had a period since may until this month. 11-14 OCt. I think I worked it out for ov date would be 24/25 OCt. Do u think right?
Last periods were 24/29 may

18/23 march
28sept fin date next period march

Can u help and advice me on how to work out dates and ovulation. Really confused.
Just hoping for a baby soon. But understand how long it could take. :(

Clomid 5 cycles
Metformin 3 cycles
Temoxifen 4 cycles
4iuis
Hormone injections which worked :)

Hi ladies I had help from docs for many years as I couldn't conceive. I was on metformin, clomid, 4 iuis, temoxafen, and finally hormon injects. In total it took 4 1/2 years.
The gp told me to try and work it out my self but i need some help and advice. If it doesn't work after a year then they might put me back on clomid which didn't even make my eggs grow. :cry:
I have pcos and very very irregular periods
Please help.
I'm scared it's going to take 4 years again and they try these things again that didn't work and got my hopes up and cried after every cycle. I'm scared they won't help me again as I have a 2 yr child.
I've been trying for a while and havnt had a period since may until this month. 11-14 OCt. I think I worked it out for ov date would be 24/25 OCt. Do u think right?
Last periods were 24/29 may

18/23 march
28sept fin date next period march

Can u help and advice me on how to work out dates and ovulation. Really confused.
Just hoping for a baby soon. But understand how long it could take. :(

Are you in the uk

If you are in the uk. You will need to check whether they provide funding for second child not everywhere does which is unfair. You could try contacting the fertility clinic for your area and find out if there is funding available. I know second funding is available in my area East Midlands.

Hi yes I'm in uk im in London. Ok thank u.
Silly question how would u look into finding out. Would u ring local hospital up?

Hi yes I'm in uk im in London. Ok thank u.
Silly question how would u look into finding out. Would u ring local hospital up?

You could contact the fertility clinic in the hospital just ask them about funding. Do you have fertility clinic in the hospital?

You could contact the fertility clinic in the hospital just ask them about funding. Do you have fertility clinic in the hospital?[/QUOTE]

Yes my local was where I had my fertility treatment, not sure if still there. But will find out and ring them.
Thanks fingers crossed they can help me! :)

I am almost 100% sure that it's only for a first child that you would qualify for fertility treatment as the resources are so stretched already. That's for IVF i am sure there are things your doctor could prescribe to help though.

Best to go see the GP and get the ball rolling

I am almost 100% sure that it's only for a first child that you would qualify for fertility treatment as the resources are so stretched already. That's for IVF i am sure there are things your doctor could prescribe to help though.

Best to go see the GP and get the ball rolling

They provide treatment for second child in certain parts of the uk. I work in the nhs. This is offered in my current hospital. Just not all hospitals offer this in uk. I also know someone who is currently having assistance to have a second child.

Thank u ladies. I'm going to try and ring them up and find out.
Here's hoping :)

Long time since on hear,
but to say my hospital does help with ttc no 2:thumbup:
In London

I thought I'd let everyone know. do not give up as I was thinking the worst, and it was better then I thought.xxx

Ttc now under the fertility clinic on cycle 2

Good luck everyone.xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back