Do you amber gamble???

Scoobys mummy

Reaction score
As in, drive around with your fuel light on :haha:! I do it all the time,drives hubby bonkers! Yet someone I know gets all panicky the moment the light appears! One day I will be stranded :haha:

haha always. My car always screams "bitte tanken!!!" (please refuel) when I turn it on xD

I drive right down to the last drop!
I've had the same car for 10 years and I know it well. Only ran out once - on the way to the gas station! LoL
When I fill up I reset the mile counter and speculate how many miles I can go on it and then try to beat it! Last time I said 210 miles, made it to 215 without running out before I put any more in. Hehehe

OH does this, it drives me crazy! We will drive past fuel stations and he won't stop he'll keep going :dohh:

He's ran out tonnes of times, once in the entrance to the fuel station :rofl:! Once he left the car on outside our house while he was inside doing whatever it is men do and when he got in the car it just stopped hahaha..
We had a bad snow storm once and the snow was so deep, the idiot decided to go out in it and ran out of fuel then too - had to walk a mile with his Gerry can, luckily a guy saw him on his way back and gave him a lift to his car!

His Gerry can is his best friend :thumbup:

Before I had a car with an electronic fuel gauge I was probably running on fumes the majority of the time! My new car beeps at me when I have only 35 miles left in the tank and I go mental in hunt of a petrol station!

As soon as my light comes on I stop at the nearest station. OH on the other hand, will just keep going. I hate it when he borrows my car, and when I next get in to it I have no fuel. Drives me insane!

Oh heck yes! This is probably my most annoying habit to DH. I've had the jeep for 10 years, so I kind of intuitively know how far I can get once the gas light comes on (for the record, it's about 30 miles). The Subaru has one of those electronic gas gage thingys that tells you your range and miles per gallon, so it's like a game to me to see what the best mpg I can get (32.2 if you we're wondering) and the farthest range I can get on a tank (507 miles if you we're wondering).

Seriously though, I despise pumping gas.

Always!!! I hate getting out to put fuel in so the lights on constantly. Stupidly I never fill up, only ever put £30 in... I'm so weird!

One night I ran out of fuel , I had to ring my niece to bring me some and also lend me money as I'd forgot to bring my purse. Next day I was driving around, forgot my purse again but was near enough to go back but I thought there would be enough to get me there and back... A mile after that thought I conked out again, right on a junction!

And no... I've stil not learnt my lesson!

I never allow my car to go below the 1/4 mark. Im always afraid i need to get to a hospital in the middle of the night for one of my family.

I always thought amber gambling was going through an amber light just before it turns red lol. We have a counter in our car that says how many miles are left in it so lowest think we have let it go is 1 mile out of laziness lol.

I also though amber gambling was going through amber lights.

It depends where's I'm going when the fuel light comes on, if close to home then I won't bother because all down hill to petrol station anyway :haha: I wouldn't turn back for petrol I'd just get it next time I'm out.

I do know my car well so always reset the counter so I know how much I can get away with

I never let our car go below a certain point, don't think we have had the light on in a long time :haha: I hate the light lol

I dont have a fuel light so if mine goes below a quarter tank I go to top it up.My dad has always gone on about never letting it get empty so I have had it instilled in me lol.

I do it all the time! Got a courtesy car at the moment and it tells me how many miles I have left...I love this invention because I can drive on the light with peace of mind tht I'm not about to conk out now :)

I won't let it go below 1/4 of a tank...it was at 1/2 a tank,now at 1/4 and I've done 64 miles,so I know I won't run out...but still :haha:

I always do it! But my light seems to go on when I still have 1/8 of a tank or something.

No way! I'd get stressed. Usually it's half to 3/4 full, if not totally full. Xx

Our car has a message that comes up saying 'fuel level too low'. That comes up a lot.
I loathe buying the stuff because it costs so much money! Every other week the light and message come up on our car.
Oh and I'm lazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->