Do you amber gamble???

You know... all you girls who never let your light come on - its actually not good for your car! Otherwise all the crap at the bottom will just carry on sitting there and build up.

Me? I put £40 in every tuesday, my light will come back on on the sunday sometimes monday but i still dont fill up till tuesday, its only if we make a long journey anywhere different that i have to fill up extra lol. I hate filling up, its the most boring 2mins of my life lmao x

I don't even drive, yet I hate that! FOB used to do it all the time and I'd get all anxious :haha:

My dad told me all the crap in that last bit of petrol comes through the pipes and the car jumps and splutters.It did happen once when I test drove a car with the petrol light on.

I don't like to leave it too long as my fuel gauge gets a bit indecisive at that point so I tend to fill up asap once the light comes on or before.

Fuck no, I'm the most nervous driver ever and the thought of getting in yet more trouble whilst driving terrifies me! Plus if I did run out I'd have no idea at all what to do apart from cry.

Alllll the time! My fuel gauge is electronic and I'm pretty sure it flashes more than my indicator lights!!

My car beeps at just under 40 miles of petrol left in the tank we drive around for like 2 days on that though.

My car tells me how many miles I have left so no need lol. I got to the garage on 3 miles the other day! Poor car!

I dont drive but dh did until he mucked up engine and ended up having to get new distributer. We had to stop for petrol on the way to hospital when i was in labour lol. Ever sence mucking up part of engine hes been a bit better

No, oh likes to keep it topped up. It does tell us how many miles are left given its current mpg and on the rare chance it did get low, it would beep and the light would flash on the dash.

You know... all you girls who never let your light come on - its actually not good for your car! Otherwise all the crap at the bottom will just carry on sitting there and build up.

This is brilliant logic! I am so stealing this to use the next time DH gets on me about nearly running the car out of gas. :thumbup:

This is brilliant logic! I am so stealing this to use the next time DH gets on me about nearly running the car out of gas. :thumbup:

We were told by the garage as our car is brand new there is no crap at the bottom of the tank :thumbup:

We were told by the garage as our car is brand new there is no crap at the bottom of the tank :thumbup:
YET.
Every gas you put in has "crap" in it that's why you need a fuel filter!!
It's only a matter of time as it settles to the bottom and builds up.

My dad accidentally stirred up the crap in his ancient (1970's) van one time and had to change the fuel filter every week for a while!!

Just had to tell lol

My power steering went out last Saturday, so I am driving hubby's car to work today...and notice it's on E. hmm I dunno how far it'll go on E so I'll get gas after work (gas station is right next to work).....but the boss is out of town so I have to take the deposit to the bank. I'm technically not supposed to stop anywhere between the store and the bank. It's not far to the bank so I thought I'd go for it - you have to go up a hill to get out of our lot and there was traffic. The car died twice on the hill waiting to go, so apparently I have to go to the gas station....I had to roll down the hill to level ground to get it started, wait a sec for traffic to clear and then gunned it over the hill in one fell swoop. Got gas and on my way, that was close enough to empty for me! LOL

Nope, I'd panic. Once it gets to 1/4 tank I'm on my way to the petrol station :haha: Makes sense about all the crap sitting at the bottom though, I've never thought of that before.

I regularly drive around with '0 miles' left on the dash board!

the taxi stays full, it gets filled at the end of every shift so i know how much fuel i have used (it comes straight off that days take), no arguments with my driver about short fueling (some people stick in x pence per mile), if i get a decent job out of town i know i dont have to stop for fuel with a cab full of people

other car usually gets £20 stuck in a while after the light comes on, same with dh's car. occasionally i will fill them but more often than not its just 20 every few days when needed

a few years back before i had a driver i once drove my (old) taxi right down - i had zero on the dash and got a job to the other side of town, so maybe 4 miles but i was a bit worried i was going to run out - never again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->