Do you apologise even if it was an accident?

Tasha

4kids+2angels+16mc
Reaction score
We were in a supermarket this afternoon and my daughter was walking along when a worked walked backwards into her, it was quite fast she moved backwards and so it sent KB sprawlling across the floor.

The worker just looked at KB and then went back to what she was doing :wacko: Once I helped KB I told said worker that she should of apologised to her, she gave me a filthy look and said that it was obvious she hadnt meant to and so she didnt need to apologise.

My opinion is that if you hurt someone, even accidentally, you say sorry. We clearly have different opinions. So I wondered what you all think? If it is an accident do you say sorry? Do you think people should?

Totally! I'd have apologised to the little one and the parent in that situation. What a horrible woman

Absolutely!!! She stills knocked her on the floor xx

Most definitely! How could you knock over a child and not apologize? :wacko:
Hope KB's alright. :hugs:

I would have definitely apologised to your lo and you and I would have felt so guilty for knocking over a lo my fault or not.

I'd have complained, what shocking behavior. Pretty sure the worker shouldn't have been walking backwards up an aisle anyway!

We teach our child manners and I hate when adults don't use theirs! Hope KB is okay :hugs:

Wow- what a troll. TBH, I would of been irrate. Yes, people have accidents, but that doesn't negate their at FAULT- some people just really hate taking any responsibility for their actions- intentional or not. If I even barely bump into someone I apologize- for SURE I would if it was a child?!?!?!? eesh.

yes definately. poor LO :( x

Definitely! Saying sorry implies that you made a mistake, either intentionally or accidentally, and you want to show that you accept any hurt that it may have caused someone.
Downright rude!

Wow!! I used to work in retail and even if it was the customers fault I'd always apologise! The fact she didn't even ask if your lo was OK is disgraceful!
Surely its just a habit to apologise if you knock into anyone regardless of the situation!
Stupid woman!! Hope your lo is OK! Xx

Absolutely yes that's awful

yup defiantly! its just polite isn't it?

Yes I would definitely apologise. Accident or not, she was still at fault.

She should of definitely apologised! I know I would of in that situation! Nasty woman! I hope your LO is okay :flower:

Yes it would just come naturally to me to apologise! Can't believe she didn't!

Yes absolutely - very very rude not to! Complain - i bet her bosses would not be impressed to hear this, even if it had been your dds fault that was horrendous customer service and just objectionable behaviour generally!

I would have apologised and with an attitude like that I would have complained to the manger. No staff member should talk to a customer like that.

Yes I definitely would apologise your poor LO! That worker was very rude & I also would have complained xx

Got to agree with everyone else. I would always apologise, even if it was an accident. And I think that staff member's attitude sucks and you should complain!

If I accidentally bump into another adult and nobody is hurt I still say sorry and then walk on. If I sent someone flying to the floor (especially a child) I'd be very apologetic and want to make sure the person was ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->