Do you apologise even if it was an accident?

absolutely i would have said sorry, she sounds so rude! hope she was just having a bad day and doesn't usually treat customers with such a lack of disrespect!

Yes, she definitely should have apologized! Who knocks someone over, at any age, and just goes on their way without saying anything? Very rude.

I'd tell thw manager, I told DH who is a store manager for Tesco and he said if one of his staff did this they would get a bollocking

I would always apologise even if it was an accident.
I think it was disgusting that worker didn't apologise after knocking a child over :nope:

Hope KB was okay :hugs:

Eh, I'd be complaining chick!

Yeah I'd say sorry and ask if they're ok, I apologise to my cat if I walk into him never mind a small child!

I'd defo make a complaint about it!

She should have apologised. Hope KB is ok xxx

Yeah, that lady should have apologized. She should also have looked before backing up, and if she's got a habit of not, it's probably not the first time she's ever knocked someone over.

Completely accident or not i would feel so bad on the child i would apologise too much!!!

I would report it!

I don't think there's many people that wouldn't say sorry in that situation!

I think I'd let it slide if she had said something like, "Oh no, are you okay?" and maybe helped her get up (if it seemed appropriate to) which would show she cared even though she didn't feel she needed to apologise. But to not even acknowledge is so rude. To be honest in that situation it wasn't on purpose but she was going backwards so it was her fault all the same, and I think an apology was appropriate, but whatever, if she had seemed like she cared or was bothered, the apology wouldn't matter so much.

The other day a little kid hit her face on Joni's swing at the park (OH was pushing). It was clearly not OH's fault at all because the child ran right inbetween him and the swing (she was 3). He tried to get back inbetween the girl and the swing but it just clipped her on the chin (didn't bleed or anything). The girl's dad was right there (we had been chatting to him whilst he pushed the girl's twin brother in another swing) so he picked the girl up and cuddled her (she was SCREAMING which is understandable). My OH and me were very concerned and we looked after the brother, got him out of his swing when he asked and I kicked the ball for him and cheered when he scored 'goals'. After about 5 minutes the girl was ready to carry on playing (although I think it ruined her time at the park because she had a tantrum on every single thing after that, which she wasn't doing before). But I don't think we apologised, since it wasn't our fault at all. I hope that doesn't sound mean of us. It wasn't like we just stared at her then carried on.

But that story is a bit different because in your story, the worker WAS at fault by walking backwards without looking (even though she didn't mean to cause harm) whereas in this one, there was really nothing we could do once the girl darted towards the swing that was coming towards her. Anyway, my point basically is that when people get injured or fall over around you and you are involved in some way, it's just being a normal human being to have some concern about the welfare of that person, whatever your thoughts on apologising in different situations is.

Thank you for all your replies, I've written a letter of complaint. :thumbup:

Mrspear, you hit the nail on the head. It wasnt just the lack of apology but the lack of acknowledgment at all. I cant imagine that she would of knocked an adult over and said or did nothing, but to me a child isnt a lesser person. If she had helped her up or said are you okay or the like then I probably would of been satisfied but not even acknowledging her or the situation :nope:

I dont think you were being mean at all, you acknowledged the situation, the child and helped out with her brother meaning Dad could focus on the girls needs. I think you reacted perfectly :hugs:

Yes so glad you've complained x

Glad you've complained, Tasha. I hope you get a reply soon :thumbup:

Definitely, I would've lodged a complaint as well!

Yes definitely an apology was called for. I do apologise if I accidentally hurt someone, of course, I thought that was normal?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->