do you carry a rape alarm?

C

cherryglitter

im just curious really.
i used to carry one all the time when i was walking back from school and stuff and then i just stopped.

im thinking about getting one again just to be safe especially when im out walking with jake. although i dont like to think anyone would be so disgusting there are people out there.

Not any more.

I used to carry one, but once I inadvertantly turned it on when I was in Sainsburys, and after getting funny looks for the entire trip round the store, I eventually realised(abandoned my shopping and left red-faced). I thought it was a car alarm!

nope, never owned one.. is it just like a loud beeper?

I don't no..
My mum bought me one years ago though but I don't know what happened to it..I never did carry it about with me then either come to think about it.
x

No i dont, used to when i used to walk home in the dark from work when i had my after school job.

To be honest, i think every female should, esp if shes walking home alone at unusual times of the day.

We were given them at work, i worked in a care home and it was alot of young girls working there and shift finished at 8.30pm and in winter, it was really dark at that time.

Ive no idea where you can get them from - Im sure ebays a good start.

i remember they used to really push them at one point. i wonder why they don't anymore!?

I went to a festivial thing a few months back and the police women give me one for when I am out and about by myself with Kian. So I carry it around in my bag.

I used to have one when I was at school too but stopped when my so called friend took it out my bag in class and set it off and I got the blame :(

No, ive been given loads of them when i was at school and college but never bothered with them, just thought if something was happening like id have chance to get that out my bag and pull the thing out!!!

:flower:

Yes, i've only ever used it to scare OH though, Stepdad brought me one for when i was leaving the bar i worked after a late shift, i don't take it out anymore but i don't tend to be out late now and if i am, i have OH or the dog, which work better ;)

No I don't, I've never really thought too either to be honest.

Surely, it'd have to be in your hand for it to be effective?
I mean, I know i'd not have time to rake through my bag for it!!
x

when i had one i used to walk through dodgy areas with it already in my hand. like if i were going down an alley or something.

I never had.
I have always wondered though, would passers by/people close enough to hear actually respond? Because I always thought they would think its a car alarm?
I had a similar thing for my handbag, if anyone tried to take something from my bag they would set the alarm off and only I knew the code to stop it (it was actually attached to the bag (not sure how) and I would beable to manouver around it whilst getting something out the bag). xx

when i had one i used to walk through dodgy areas with it already in my hand. like if i were going down an alley or something.

I hate feeling like that! I always used to walk home from a night out at silly o'clock and had to go through dark alleys or quiet roads. Its quite scary really..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->