do you carry a rape alarm?

no i dont...my mum used to give us one if we went on a school trip tho. if im walking in the night i hold my keys in my hand to attack with if i got attacked.

altho like u said its not nice to think about

looking at the threads today we seem to think the same on alot :haha:

No but id carry pepper spray if it were legal.

Bit ot but i remember being told if your being attacked dont shout rape / scream ,shout fire as people are more likely to come.

yeah i heard this on tv, when someone screams help no one comes but fire and people do come running :(

Doesn't always work! I was in a house fire as a child and I was screaming out the bedroom window FIRE, FIRE SOMEONE HELP ME and I was totally ignored ! :dohh:

But in answer, nope. Never carried one. Probably should though. It's not something ive ever thought about :nope:

No I don't. I hardly ever go anywhere on my own and when I do and its after dark I take the car. I jump in the car and push my favourite button (the one that auto locks all the doors)

Nope never had tbh.. If im walking somewhere scarey I always place my keys between my fingers ready to give someone a good punch in the face that will leave a nice key hole in them... I would however love to carry pepper spray/mace? but I dont think its legal here is it?

Exactly this, improvised knucke duster. Though for a while I had one that I got in cadets from the police. We used some as traps on exercise, and we were advised by the officer that got them for us and gave spares to the girls, if we ever needed to use them to not just set them off but to set them off and if possible shove it up against the side of the attackers head to disorientate them, I heard them tested in a small office and to be honest it hurt even just being in a small room with it. Don't know what happened to it

No, never heard of one. I'd rather carry a knife anyway.

Cant carry knifes in the UK lol and tbh, I am glad most people dont!

I train for my moonwalk between 7-10 and it gets dark now! I carry on just for extra piece of mind really. Its better than NOTHING I suppose.

If I am with my dog, I know she would protect me though.

I used to have one when i was at school too.
I don't even know when or why i stopped using it tbh!

I don't, i have before though. Especially when there were the prostitute murders near here a few years ago.

I have actually got an interview for an evening job and i will have to walk 25 mins to the bus stop at 10pm so if i get the job i will definitely be buying one!

I have one lurking around in the house somewhere but I never use it. I really should considering I have to walk through town on a thursday night at 9pm on my own and it's quite dark with minimal light and entrys left right and centre, I don't feel too bad when I get near all the pubs, etc.

I do carry my keys in my pocket with one poking out my finger so if someone was to do anything I'd give them a good jab in the mush! :haha:

A group of us bought them online, maybe try having a look on ebay or something? :)
Is pepperspray legal here? I don't even know :shrug: I'd consider taking that around with me because unlike a rape alarm it wont go off if I accidently pull it, plus what if no one's around to hear the alarm?

nah, not allowed pepperspray. shame really but i can imagine it would be misused a lot.

I had one that had a pin attached to a cord and if you pulled the pin out then the most ear piercing shrill sound would start. My husband put it in my bag without me knowing and one saturday morning out shopping whilst rummaging in my bag for something, I pulled the plug and the damn thing went off. Worse thing was, I was walking round the shop complaining loudly about their alarm going off ( I still didn't know at this point that the alarm was in my bag ) I was so embarrassed when I finally realised it was me and my handbag making the offending noise.

probably shouldn't throw this out there.. but i will.
my dad always told me if i knew i was walking home at night, to take one of those cif lemon things in my bag so i can spray it in someones eyes!
perhaps not just for horrible rape situations but mugging etc.

Nope i dont, But i dont go out by myself anyway.

I had one that had a pin attached to a cord and if you pulled the pin out then the most ear piercing shrill sound would start. My husband put it in my bag without me knowing and one saturday morning out shopping whilst rummaging in my bag for something, I pulled the plug and the damn thing went off. Worse thing was, I was walking round the shop complaining loudly about their alarm going off ( I still didn't know at this point that the alarm was in my bag ) I was so embarrassed when I finally realised it was me and my handbag making the offending noise.

Sorry but :rofl: I would have been so embarrased ... Did no one even stop to mention it too you? See you could have been raped in the veg isle and no one would have batted an eyelid!

The cif thing sounds good actually but I'd have to fumble to get the lid off :dohh:

my dad always told me if i knew i was walking home at night, to take one of those cif lemon things in my bag so i can spray it in someones eyes!

The bathroom cleaner? Is that not a bit bulky to carry in your bag?

The bathroom cleaner? Is that not a bit bulky to carry in your bag?
I think it's called Jif not Cif :dohh: Oops easily mistaken, even I thought it was Cif lol.

Jif_Lemon.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->