do you carry a rape alarm?

i know so scary. some of the ways i used to walk home at night on my own! :nope:
very stupid of me.

i know so scary. some of the ways i used to walk home at night on my own! :nope:
very stupid of me.

Same here! looking back on it I was so stupid to even consider walking home alone at silly times. Plus I would be all dressed up with 6 inch heels on! so so dangerous! :nope:

I have never seen/ heard one and i have to be honest i don't think many people would stir if they did hear one... alarms go off all the time! and most people just turn the tv up and hope it shuts up soon :/ .. i don't think many people are aware of them tbh, if it was a more common thing maybe people would be alert to them...... x

i dont think there's a lot of awareness around about them to be honest.

I carry one of those obnoxiously loud whistles, we bought them for hiking. The alarms sound too much like a car alarm to me and I don't know if anyone would come if I set it off. If more people knew about them, maybe they would? I didn't even know about them until I went to college. The whistle is nice and small so I can wear it on a lanyard around my neck, I wouldn't want to have to dig it out of my purse when needed!

No. I agree that I'd not have time to look through my bag and if they sound like car alarms people would probably ignore the alarm anyway.

I think the idea is for it to shock the attacker and hopefully make them run away. I dont think they would be confident to carry on with an alarm going off in their ear and know 100% that no-one would come.

I dont think that makes much sense reading it back, but I know what I mean, I dont carry one, my mum gave me one when I was a young teenager but didnt carry it around for long.

They are EAR-PIERCINGLY LOUD

Due to past experiences I feel an alarm would do me no good. I carry something more harmful now :nope:

No but id carry pepper spray if it were legal.

Bit ot but i remember being told if your being attacked dont shout rape / scream ,shout fire as people are more likely to come.

I have 3 keyring alarms but i only carry mine if i am out at night. The other two alarms are pink teddy bear alarms for my girls to take out with them when older. They are SOOOOO loud!!!

And yes the idea is to shock the attacker not to really get people to run to your aid, but someone may hear it or someone may look out of a window, i think that there is no harm in carrying one and certainly want my girls to.

Nope never had tbh.. If im walking somewhere scarey I always place my keys between my fingers ready to give someone a good punch in the face that will leave a nice key hole in them... I would however love to carry pepper spray/mace? but I dont think its legal here is it?

I do have one somewhere.
but dont carry it
Anyways,
They make anti-rape condoms.
https://lawak-jokes-weirdstuff.blogspot.com/2007/10/anti-rape-condom.html

I had one back in the mid 90s when I was at uni - it was one you put round your neck and held in your hand so that if someone grabbed you it came apart & the alarm went off.
I had to run for a bus one day and fell up the steps, caught the alarm & set it off and then couldn't get it back together again - cue a very cross & deafened bus full of people!!
I don't have one now as I'm either with DH or in the car.

Nope, never owned one.
However my Nan has one for some reason, and a while ago she was getting really nasty anonymous calls and she was getting fed up. So one time they rang, she held the rape alarm against the phone and set it off. Safe to say she never got a call off them again :lol:

no i dont...my mum used to give us one if we went on a school trip tho. if im walking in the night i hold my keys in my hand to attack with if i got attacked.

altho like u said its not nice to think about

No but id carry pepper spray if it were legal.

Bit ot but i remember being told if your being attacked dont shout rape / scream ,shout fire as people are more likely to come.

yeah i heard this on tv, when someone screams help no one comes but fire and people do come running :(

nope and i don't know anyone that does

tbh i can scream loud enough to be heard
but i don't go out by myself anyways my anxiety
doesn't allow it so there's a positive to mental
health issues afterall :rofl:

i used to carry an attack alarm (same thing) when i was working as a community carer it was company policy you used to get a company issue one it whent round your neck with your id card

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->