Do you carry your maternity notes

Purplehippo

Reaction score
Do you carry your maternity notes with you? I just wondered as I'm 30 weeks tomorrow. I just thinking if I was at work and something happened I wouldn't have notes :shrug:

I don't, and don't think I did with my first pregnancy unless I was going more than an hour away. In most situations I think you'd get a chance to go and get them or get your OH to pick them up. Saying that, there's definitely no harm in doing it, my bag wasn't big enough for them which I think was my reasoning before!

I'm a stay at home mum now so it doesn't really apply to this pregnancy for me x

no, i keep them beside my bed as they are in an A4 size folder and my bag is too small. also, we don't have a car so i'm usually not too far from home and our maternity hospital is only a 5 min drive away by taxi. i agree with pp that ypu would most likely get a chance to go get them if needed but if you'd prefer to carry them it's entirely up to you. x

Yes I do but only because I've had on/off bleeding since week 23 and as I work approx 30 min drive from hospital, means I can go straight there if I need too (plus, it helps to have them to hand if I ever need to call them for advice etc).

I'm considered high risk so yes I carry my notes everywhere, my first pregnancy I didn't

yes i do!!! they are in my handbag and kept with all the time, never know when im gonna need them,

I don't unless I go and stay with my mum who lives an hour away, just as precaution :thumbup:

No I don't unless I leave home for a night or am outside of town. My OH works from home so if needs be he could grab them for me x

Nope. I went away last time at 34 weeks but didnt take them lol

I'm also classed as high risk and this hadn't even occured to me! Oops, lol.

I just keel mine in the car underneath the front passenger seat, so they're never too far away as I'm the only driver. Everyone knows where they are too, so if something was to happen someone could easily grab them for me if I couldnt.

Always if I am going away from the house for more than a few hours or if I'm going to the town where my hospital is (50mins away).

I wouldn't even think twice if I was away overnight, hospital bags & notes & car seat all come with!

They dont let you have your notes here you pay £50 if you want them.

We don't have 'notes' exactly (US) but my doc had me take a copy of my records with my if I go over an hour or two away this time. Never did that before, but I've had a few complications this pregnancy. I just keep them in my car.

I do as I was involved in a car accident when pregnant with dd1. I was only 22 wks and didn't even think about carrying them with me at the time.
Didn't get taken to my local hospital and was told off by a consultant for not having them!

I didn't until late on in my first pregnancy. This time I carried them from 6 months on. But only because someone drove in the back of my on the way to work and the hospital told me off for not having them with me for occasions like that. Since then I swapped to a bigger bag and carry them with me everywhere. The car has been loaded for weeks with everything too. That's because we'll already have to drop dd1 off at my mum's so I don't want to have to stop home for things too.

I only carry my notes if I'm feeling abit unwell and will be on my own otherwise I don't bother they are just to big to put in my bag and carry everywhere. If they made then about an a5 size then I would be more willing to take them everywhere with me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->