Do you carry your maternity notes

my MW has always recommended I carry my notes everywhere. I never do! guilty of breaking that rule.. I just don't carry a bag big enough to hold a big A4 book everywhere I go at the minute, and every tiny bit of added weight is a struggle lol!
I live opposite the hospital, about 3 minutes away, so if I was to be taken in and needed them it would take someone a maximum of 5 minutes to get to my house and back with my notes and everything else I may need :)
I never go out of the area anymore anyway so that's not an issue x

I do ...
I'm pretty sure in the top right of the noted on the outer cover it states that the 'expectant mother should have notes with her at all times during her pregnancy'
I live within close radius to 4 hospitals so if anything emergency wise happened I might not end up in the hospital I plan to have baby at. (its the furthest hospital away)
I think it's best to keep them with near you at all times - or like some of the other ladies have said - make sure someone else knows where they are

the main reason I don't carry mine is because they are a massive a4 folder, I just have no where to put them!

I'm really glad I asked this question as I really didn't know. I'm classed as high risk and I'm lucky I do have a big bag so think I will carry them.

Thanks very much everyone xx

Wow, am I the only one who doesn't get any kind of notes or records from her MW/OB? I mean, I know they keep everything on file in the office but I've never been given anything aside from appointment cards or general pregnancy info.

I don't but mainly because I keep forgetting to take them with me. :dohh:

Considering I ended up in hospital hundreds of miles from home last time without my maternity notes you would think I would know better especially as they won't take your word of what blood group you are and I am O-.

Wow, am I the only one who doesn't get any kind of notes or records from her MW/OB? I mean, I know they keep everything on file in the office but I've never been given anything aside from appointment cards or general pregnancy info.

I don't think it's that big a deal in the US, most practices/OBGyns have at least 24 answering service, so in an emergency your records could be faxed or electronically sent anywhere.

Interesting they won't take your word on your blood type!
Maybe I will start bringing them in the future haha!

In the UK we get a green pregnancy booklet where they record information throughout the pregnancy. We have to take it to every appointment and, as it says on the front, are supposed to carry it around with us. It is quite big though, and I can't fit it in my handbag, so don't generally bother.

In the UK we get a green pregnancy booklet where they record information throughout the pregnancy. We have to take it to every appointment and, as it says on the front, are supposed to carry it around with us. It is quite big though, and I can't fit it in my handbag, so don't generally bother.

Not the only one you just get an app card and thats it. No one gets their records unless they pay. I never seen mine in all my pregnancies.

what are maternity notes? I am new to all this lol

Not the only one you just get an app card and thats it. No one gets their records unless they pay. I never seen mine in all my pregnancies.

I am from NI but live in Scotland now. I was shocked when I was first given my notes in my last pregnancy as I never knew anyone at home who had them and no one over here told me you get them because I suppose they think of it as the norm and didn't think of mentioning it.

my clinic uses a booklet to record all important info..called "mutterpass" here in Germany. they tell us to carry it with us at all times :shrug:

I keep mine in my car then all bases are kind of covered plus I can find them!!!

Yes, the whole point of giving them to you in the first place is that you always have a record of your pregnancy on your person wherever you go should you need treatment. If you weren't expected to carry them then there would be no point in giving them to you.

Yep in the UK the MW handwrites everything in your A4 book 'notes'. It would be less of a problem if your fortnightly stats were recorded on computer.
Completely understand the US mums not carrying additional notes.
At 36 weeks I've just started to keep them in the car and my packed bags are in the boot ready too :)

Do you carry your maternity notes with you? I just wondered as I'm 30 weeks tomorrow. I just thinking if I was at work and something happened I wouldn't have notes :shrug:

This is my first so I'm clueless, what are maternity notes?

I haven't been, but think I should start. I should leave them in the car. Been into hospital a couple of times recently but always gone from home. There may be the time when I'm not home!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->