Do you co-sleep with your baby?

I have co-slept with Emma since she was about 2 weeks old! We love it. She sleeps good, we sleep good. I have gotten plenty of weird looks and comments about it though. My family isn't very 'natural' and they all think I'm a hippy. My MIL asked how we have sex. :rofl: It was out of nowhere and I couldn't believe it came out of her mouth. My response 'who has sex in beds these days?!'. :haha: That is the main question people come out with though. As if it's anyone's business how DH and I have sex. :rofl:

:haha: great answer!

Anyone ever notice how it's usually family and friends that judge the most?! :wacko:

mostly family as they dont seem to know their limits and really do offend with gobby remarks. Mates may not agree but tend not to go on as they know they have no place.

We cosleep. We started out of desperation after 2 weeks without sleep & it worked brilliantly. C is still really unsettled at night & can wake every 2 hours so it is a lifesaver to have her right next to me. I dont tend to volunteer the fact that we cosleep unless its to someone I know will understand. My mum said she had to cosleep with my little brother as he was similar to Charlotte with the night wakenings so she understands completely. I have never told my in-laws as I know they'll either think I'm weird or going to kill my baby by rolling on her. I made the mistake of telling the HV & got a funny look & loads of questions about how I keep her safe,when I plan to put her in her cot etc so next time I saw her I lied & said we'd got her into her cot.

We don't - my OH is a VERY heavy sleep, no joke he would lay on me some nights if i didn't thump him in the ribs! If we had gone down that route I would have used one of those cot things that attaches to the bed.

On a side note I did share a single bed with Izzy one night on holiday a couple of weeks ago, my mum woke her up in the middle of the night and I suppose with it being a strange place she refused to sleep again

So she came in my bed...well not only did she sleep in the starfish position and take up most of the bed..she snored..and I woke up to small fingers up my nose:haha:

I get a lot of 'rod for your own back comments'. I am continuing for the time being as he seems to be in a needy phase so I am hoping that co-sleeping will give him a feeling of added security. (although it would be lovely if he did start sleeping in his cot too!) One thing is for sure we all got a lot more sleep when we switched to co-sleeping.

We don't anymore. :( I used to fall asleep (okay, try to fall asleep lol) with Carmen in her snuggle nest next to me, but we're both such light sleepers that we just woke each other up all night. So we moved the snuggle nest into her cot, and now she just sleeps in the cot by herself. She loves to be able to stretch out and roll around, and when I try to bring her into bed for a cuddle after feeding she fights me and tries to crawl around the bed! I guess it's for the best though, as she's not used to co-sleeping and we would have had to stop when we live with DH again anyway, as he gets night terrors and can be dangerous for me to sleep next to, never mind a baby.

We cosleep but Liam spends the first half of the night in a side-bed.

yep, have co-slept since the day she was born :)..not one single night in 19 months, 1 week and 4 days have i not co-slept with her. i dont regret it at all, i love it. its whats always felt natural for me to do. xx

Anyone ever notice how it's usually family and friends that judge the most?! :wacko:

true..but how often do you discuss sleeping arrangements with anyone not a friend or family?!

:rofl: That's true but I mean more than just cosleeping. :haha: With my breastfeeding I get more positive feedback from strangers than I do from family and friends. It's just crazy. Same thing with cloth diapers. Strangers approach it with straight up curiosity, whereas family and friends just lift their nose at the idea and act like I'm crazy.

People seem to make it their business to demand to know if he has sleeping in his own cot on my other half's end . No one speaks to me know I think biting their heads off and looking fed up worked.

We have a side care set up with her cot. LO starts the night in her part of the bed, but snuggles in next to me when she wakes for her feed. I used to put her back, but I've found if she stay's in the big bed after her first feed of the night then she usually stays settled and everyone gets a good nights sleep.

We also co-sleep some of her daytime naps.

true..but how often do you discuss sleeping arrangements with anyone not a friend or family?!

:rofl: That's true but I mean more than just cosleeping. :haha: With my breastfeeding I get more positive feedback from strangers than I do from family and friends. It's just crazy. Same thing with cloth diapers. Strangers approach it with straight up curiosity, whereas family and friends just lift their nose at the idea and act like I'm crazy.

I just try not to discuss anything baby related with my family lol - they are very 'traditional' so just best not go there!

Normally strangers are curious about cloth nappies especially older folk, a Dutch lady asked what they were once when I was putting the inserts in, so I told her it was Izzys nappies..and she kinda picked it up and said 'you put this on baby? it is so big'......it was an Itti Bitti too :wacko: ooo kkkk lovey I wonder what you used for your babies all those years ago...I bet it was bigger than that!

We co-sleep. We planned on having her in her crib, but the moment we brought her home and went into the bedroom, I put her in our bed. I didn't want her in the crib. :)

I love it. She sleeps belly-to-belly with me and when she's hungry, I just pop out my boob and fall back asleep. :D

Not really. Our bed is unsuitable (electronic inflatable mattress) and my boobs are unsuitable for lying down feeding (the one on that side will flop over her head as the nipple turns all funny:( I may try again when she gets a bit better at BF.) . I do doze with her on my chest though. The Amby nest is right where I can stick my arm in it when I'm in bed though.

i am at the moment, simply because muffin doesnt settle very well at night time, he seems to be so much more alert and fussy. then again, he is still tiny and doesnt cry much - so without having him right next to me, or setting alarms, i wouldnt know he was hungry!

im sure as we get into more of a natural routine we will let him sleep in his moses basket more, but for now, its easier for him to sleep on/next to me.
x

I do. Edward has slept with us since he was born bar about 3 or 4 weeks. Although in that time we just didn't officially co-sleep, I just accidentally fell asleep while holding him. I love it, OH wants him out of our bed though. I don't think it's coincidence we've not *ahem* since Edward was 3 or 4 weeks :rofl:

I've never co slept with my lo. Our bed is tiny and we have 4 cats which also like to try and get in with us as well! I've tried many times to get her in with us in the mornings but she won't have it and crawls everywhere. This morning she woke early and I brought her in with us and just patted her bum gently and she lay there snuggling. It was lovely! :cloud9:

I've never co slept with my lo. Our bed is tiny and we have 4 cats which also like to try and get in with us as well! I've tried many times to get her in with us in the mornings but she won't have it and crawls everywhere. This morning she woke early and I brought her in with us and just patted her bum gently and she lay there snuggling. It was lovely! :cloud9:

i do this to get H to sleep... i ended up laying there for 3 hours this morning, just watching him... so I wouldnt call it co-sleeping on my part, more he sleeps, i watch :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->