Do you drink coffee while TTC?

Oh man I didn’t know that about coffee.. ahh I don’t know! I don’t drink a lot of it, a cup of drip a day, and I don’t know if I could give that up lol maybe if it takes us longer to conceive! I still have to live my life after all.

I don’t drink it, but I’m ridiculously paranoid! I think it’s oretty much agreed that one cup a day doesn’t hurt. I got such bad caffeine withdrawal when I cut down I decided to just cut it out completely. But then I’ve cut out practically everything!

Interesting stuff. I will swap to tea and see if it makes any difference as we have been ttc since August '16 and have had many chemicals. It won't hurt to try anyway

Tea has got almost as much caffeine in I think! Even green tea.

wow i drink like 10 cups a day always have with every pregnancy

Tea has got almost as much caffeine in I think! Even green tea.

If you click on the link the info there says tea is a good alternative, I can't remember precisely why but it isn't just because it's lower in caffeine, there's a other reason I just have a brain like a sieve lol

I drink a lot of tea, but none with caffeine, I drink rooibos, chamomile, dried orange peel and cinnamon loose tea, and macadamia coconut

Oh and rose hips! Very high in Vitamin C and of course in the first half of the cycle raspberry tea

I don't drink coffee, but I do drink tea & pepsi max while TTC. And also while pregnant (just in lesser quantaties.) I have done so in the past also and had no problems.

This is all fascinating.

I remember asking my doctor when I was pregnant before about coffee and she said a cup or two a day is fine, but to limit other sources (so pop, etc...which I don't drink pop so yay!). I am willing to try whatever we can to conceive but my morning cup of coffee....omg that's life to me! lol

Alli, it is hard, but as soon as DH hopped on board with ttc, I evaluated everything n my life. I LOVE coffee and wine, they were life to me! And even though doc said I have great progesterone levels, lining, and blood flow, I have NEVER been pregnant. Ever. And it makes me so sad. I feel like a mother without a child, feel like I'm suffering from empty womb syndrome sometimes. My SIL has had multiple miscarriages and she doesn't understand why I think she is so lucky. On my end, I would love just to know we can conceive at all. Anyway, long story short, doing everything within my power to create a fertile atmosphere, and if that means I have to give up coffee 3 weeks a month I'm in. Even on AF I only drink it like twice just for the taste. If I knew I could conceive with my normal lifestyle I wouldn't have given it up. But I do get it. I miss coffee and wine so so much.

Aw I'm so sorry...I know (somewhat) how you feel...I feel so empty, it sucks!

I have no issue giving up wine ( and I love wine!), it's not like I drink it daily!!

I will do some research and soul searching for next cycle...maybe I'll switch to some herbal teas.

It's all about what makes you happy and comfortable I think! Make sure you take care of yourself and your needs too!

I think that's where my issue rises from (to each their own of course I would never judge another woman what she needs to do while ttc). I feel like I give up so much of my life to ttc...planning, and peeing on sticks, and tracking, and timing, and waking up to temp, and being anxious to test and the rollercoaster of that, tracking every symptom. It seems like I become a totally different person during the tww...I still have to live my own life and be happy...otherwise I will not enjoy this journey at all. It's about starting a family, out of love between me and my husband, right? I don't want to be miserable while doing it.

That is such a good point! I don't temp, I use my body sensations and Clue to track, I maybe test once and that's it before the witch rears her head. I guess I feel like my "control" in this process is diet and exercise, so I like reeeeeaaaaaallllyy control my diet. Other than the fact I definitely just stress ate low calorie chocolate chip cookie dough, downed some hot cocoa (but with flaxseed milk-gotta have those omegas! :haha:) and currently snacking on pistachios for dinner! But sweet potatoes and raspberry tea first half of cycle, pineapple core for 5 days after O, and lots and lots of leafy green things and flaxseed milk all the time!

Honestly it probably doesn't do anything but it makes me feel like I am contributing lol

I totally know what you mean and I think we are coming from the same place, it's about feeling like we have some sense of control! You do it with your food and I do it with my testing and tracking. It's really the same principle just a different way it comes out, right?

I'm also trying to eat healthy/exercise (well I do this all the time it's not just a ttc thing), and that does help me feel like my body is strong and useful and can do things!

After the MC I felt like my body was basically a failure and a mess and I was so angry at it (if I am honest, I still am...)...so working out really helps me focus and realize that my body can do a lot of great things.

That's so wonderful! Anything we can do to encourage a positive outlook and a healthy lifestyle I feel is such a gift <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->