Do you drink coffee while TTC?

I totally drink coffee! It hadn't actually occurred to me that I should stop. The only thing I've given a second thought to is alcohol. I am in my fertile window this week/weekend, so I'll have a drink or two over the weekend and then won't have another until AF. Or, I suppose not at all if I get a BFP!!

We are hoping fir another girl (apparently an acid environment 'helps' girl sperm- I can't remember where I read that?) so I wasn't worried about drinking it from AF- ovulation, but drinking it during the TWW makes me nervous.

We are hoping fir another girl (apparently an acid environment 'helps' girl sperm- I can't remember where I read that?) so I wasn't worried about drinking it from AF- ovulation, but drinking it during the TWW makes me nervous.

Can I ask what is bad about drinking coffee during TWW? Does it do something to prevent conception, or implantation? I'm super new to this :)

Sherri, look at the previous couple pages, I posted some links :)

I'm mostly worried about caffeine and pregnancy in the two week wait (if it affects it the same..).

I hope you have at least a start for making your decision! It's really up to each woman what she wants to do. I opt out, but others feel fine continuing to drink coffee. Everyone has their own unique set of worries and concerns, for one person it may be coffee, for another person it could be sugar. Italian women drink wine and eat salami throughout their pregnancies, everyone has a different perspective. Do the research and listen to your body, that's my best advice ;)

I think during the tww, scientifically, it's probably okay. The 'baby' at that point is being fed from the yolk sac. That's why they say that even mild alcohol consumption in the first couple weeks of pregnancy (before most women even know they are pregnant!) is probably okay because the embryo is not fed via the mother. But obviously, it's up to your own comfort level!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->