Do you eat tacos in the UK?

I had a soft corn taco today at a foodstall at an event I went to. Food-wise they are getting trendier and many of the local markets near me have soft taco stalls.

It is pretty impossible to find 100% corn soft tacos in the stores over here. My husband can't eat gluten and the ones in the shops generally have wheat flour in them. So I get them online.

So (from what I've been told) fajitas contain actual pieces of meat along with peppers, onions etc. Tacos contain ground/minced meat (beef). But nowadays, people kinda put whatever in them! Soft tacos and fajitas end up containing mostly the same stuff tbh. But the hard tacos tend to always be ground/minced beef. Quesadilla is a filled flour wrap then folded over (not rolled) and toasted, like a sandwich I suppose. It's flat.

You've got the fajitas right! They're usually served in a soft corn or flour tortilla.

I personally don't like crunchy tacos, and never get them. But they usually do have ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream....

Quesadillas are usually two tortillas put together like making a sandwich. The filling is always cheese, sometimes cheese+fajita, or cheese+mushrooms, etc. Then they're put in a hot skillet to be cooked, flipped, then served! They usually cut it into 4 or more pieces like a pizza, depending on the size of te tortillas!

And breakfast tacos are delicious! They're mostly a Texas thing, I guess...or at least the southwest US (nearest to Mexico!). They're also made with soft tortillas and have breakfast fillings in them. :)

So (from what I've been told) fajitas contain actual pieces of meat along with peppers, onions etc. Tacos contain ground/minced meat (beef). But nowadays, people kinda put whatever in them! Soft tacos and fajitas end up containing mostly the same stuff tbh. But the hard tacos tend to always be ground/minced beef. Quesadilla is a filled flour wrap then folded over (not rolled) and toasted, like a sandwich I suppose. It's flat.

You've got the fajitas right! They're usually served in a soft corn or flour tortilla.

I personally don't like crunchy tacos, and never get them. But they usually do have ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream....

Quesadillas are usually two tortillas put together like making a sandwich. The filling is always cheese, sometimes cheese+fajita, or cheese+mushrooms, etc. Then they're put in a hot skillet to be cooked, flipped, then served! They usually cut it into 4 or more pieces like a pizza, depending on the size of te tortillas!

And breakfast tacos are delicious! They're mostly a Texas thing, I guess...or at least the southwest US (nearest to Mexico!). They're also made with soft tortillas and have breakfast fillings in them. :)

Where in Texas are you? I've not had any breakfast tacos yet but seen them around!

You should try them! They'll change your breakfast world! :) Just make sure you find a place with good salsa! Salsa can make or break a breakfast taco for me!

I'm near Austin! A few hours south of you. :)

Oh and for the record, Taco Bell...no bueno! I've never liked it! Some of my friends and family do, though. It's definitely cheap fast food, though that's not necessarily a good thing!

You should try them! They'll change your breakfast world! :) Just make sure you find a place with good salsa! Salsa can make or break a breakfast taco for me!

Oh and for the record, Taco Bell...no bueno! I've never liked it! Some of my friends and family do, though. It's definitely cheap fast food, though that's not necessarily a good thing!

There's this great taco place near us, with really interesting fillings. And they are SO good, some of the best I've had here https://www.velvettaco.com/menu.php

I'm also loving shrimp tacos right now, soooooo darn good

I like tacos! Only ever had/heard of the hard shell and we again buy the old el paso! They are messy and my OH isn't a huge fan of spice so weve only had them a few times. I LOVE enchiladas though :) xx

Never tried them but want to x

There are tons of mexican places in Brighton, including a few late night fast food ones! I went to a mexican restaurant on sat night actually, I was mostly interested in the frozen margaritas :haha: I think they are def getting trendier here

I prefer soft shell tacos for sure

we have them all the time. never heard of breakfast ones though

I love old El Paso kits so fajitas and hard shell tacos yummy, I LOVE them but I don't like cheese or overly tomatoey, messy, spicy food so I'm not sure how well I would fare in a Mexican restaurant but would love to try one, don't like enchiladas or burritos. I keep meaning to go to chiquitos (not the same as an authentic Mexican restaurant though I'm sure lol)

We have had the hard ones a few times at home and maybe once in a restaurant (always with mexican type fillings) but I haven't seen any taco take aways here like taco bell. We got a take away soft taco on hols in Vegas and it was so yummy (and cheap) we went straight back and got another :haha:

Ive not tried but want to

Mexican restaurants are kind of scarce around here - I hate it because I LOVE Mexican food so much. Guacamole tacos with refried beans and loads of cheese omg.

Mexican restaurants are kind of scarce around here - I hate it because I LOVE Mexican food so much. Guacamole tacos with refried beans and loads of cheese omg.

COME TO BRIGHTON you will be spoilt for choiceeeee

I've discovered there are a few Mexican restaurants in town. I feel I need to visit one now!

LOL I love Taco Bell! :rofl: But I only get a bean burrito and a chalupa. :dohh: I never order anything else from there.

And I'm with you on hard shelled tacos...they're ok. I wouldn't order them over a good corn tortilla taco any day! The absolute best tacos I've had are either from Mexico (duh!) or from little hole-in-the-wall/mom & pop shops.

And bad salsa will ruin anything! :haha:

i thought they where just those hard shell things with like chilli inside, i dont like them though and ive never heard of a breakfast one!
also what is a corn dog?? i see it on films but i just have no idea what it is haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->