Do you eat tacos in the UK?

If anyone wants some good suggestions for real Mexican restaurants in London I will ask my friend who is from Mexico, he has recently been raving about one.

I've genuinely bought an Old El Paso taco kit thanks to this thread :lol:

:haha:
Just waiting to have Lucas chuck them in my face tonight!

No, the only time I've tried them was when we were in Lanzarote and there was a themed food night.

I love tacos! we love Mexican food in general so we have them quite often.

I didn't know there would be so many of you who hadn't had tacos! They're a staple here!

Someone mentioned that we don't have the Mediterranean and Indian options here- very true! I just tried my first kebab a few months ago. It was delicious!

If anyone wants some good suggestions for real Mexican restaurants in London I will ask my friend who is from Mexico, he has recently been raving about one.

Can you ask for me please? My hubby loves Mexican but we don't know of a decent one xx

Damn you all, I've trying very hard to be good. I've been supressing my Taco urge for days but my willpower has ran away....Tacos for tea tonight.

Tried them the other night - they're okay! Probably be nicer in a restaurant or made from scratch but I'd deffo try them again. Maybe with chips or something tho - not enough stodge for my liking :lol:

Tried them the other night - they're okay! Probably be nicer in a restaurant or made from scratch but I'd deffo try them again. Maybe with chips or something tho - not enough stodge for my liking :lol:

Yeah the reason we don't have them that often is because DH finds them too snacky, doesn't see it as a full meal (same with fajitas) they fill me up fine though lol but I do end up having a few can't imagine it's very healthy lol. Although when I do fajitas I tend to buy a nacho pack too.

Can you ask for me please? My hubby loves Mexican but we don't know of a decent one xx

Mestizo nr Warren st (103 Hampstead Road) google it and it has amazing reviews.
I know you are west London so Ive asked for any round there aswell

Thank you so much. That's quite easy to get to from here xx

Mexican restaurants are kind of scarce around here - I hate it because I LOVE Mexican food so much. Guacamole tacos with refried beans and loads of cheese omg.

COME TO BRIGHTON you will be spoilt for choiceeeee

Stooopppit you're killing me! I always hear about how amazing the food is in Brighton!

I'm so surprised people haven't eaten them before! It's like my go to dinner, they are SO easy to make, tasty and relatively healthy (depending!) I make my own guacamole, get light sour cream, lettuce, fresh tomatoes, jalapeños, sprinkle of cheese, I also sometimes throw in some black olives. I make my own spice mix for the chicken of ground cumin, ground coriander, paprika, salt, fry off some onions and garlic in there. Buy some flat wraps and you're done! After coming to Texas I've realised it's not a very authentic recipe, but it's still yummy!

We don't eat hard shell ones, really not my kind of thing, but we eat a lot of wraps. In my family we would only have them occasionally with Mexican food but OH is Asian (Pakistani origin) so his family eats a lot of flat breads... shop-bought wraps or pittas are a cheap easy substitute for home made ones. Wraps are more versatile than pittas so I get them by the truck load! Or we have parathas occasionally but they're soooo fatty that they're just a treat really... and of course not Mexican at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->