Do you eat tacos in the UK?

It's a hotdog covered in batter, it is fried and also it's on a stick x

I make Tacos quite regularly. But I tend to make soft Tacos rather than the horribly, messy hard Taco shells.

We have a delicious Mexican in Edinburgh where this Mexican guy makes the most delicious Tacos. Not disgustingly greasy ones like Taco Bell. But his shrimp tacos are to die for.

I have such a craving for tacos now! I like soft ones made with corn tortillas - might have to make them for dinner tonight!

I really need to try some soft ones, I always assumed soft were fajitas. Do we have soft taco kits in the uk lol?

Omg, that sounds like heaven! :haha:

I saw on Man V Food once where they had a giant hotdog on a stick and they cut a potato like a spiral and just sorta wrapped it around the hotdog them fried it. I can only dream of such an amazing meal :lol:

:rofl: Kate and I can practically s your dribble through the screen :haha:

I saw on Man V Food once where they had a giant hotdog on a stick and they cut a potato like a spiral and just sorta wrapped it around the hotdog them fried it. I can only dream of such an amazing meal :lol:

Off topic, but it LOVE Adam Richman... He tagged me in a post and started following me on Instagram the other day. I nearly died.

I really need to try some soft ones, I always assumed soft were fajitas. Do we have soft taco kits in the uk lol?

There's no soft taco kits that I ever saw, you'll just have to just get the fajita kits, kinda the same!

I'm curious now, why do you need a kit to make tacos? Don't the just sell tortillas at the store?

You can make whatever fillings you want in them, slap it on a tortilla, and bam! Taco! No kit needed!

Here tortillas are a large section of the bread isle. There's bread, buns (hotdog and hamburger) and tortillas! The store I go to (H.E.B) also makes fresh tortillas there, which is what I normally get. They're normally still warm...YUM!

Maria just had her first taco. She just just ate part of the tortilla and is refusing to eat the rest :dohh: good food is wasted on her!

Maria just had her first taco. She just just ate part of the tortilla and is refusing to eat the rest :dohh: good food is wasted on her!

DS loves building them and will eat the soured cream by the spoonful but doesn't get the concept of eating the taco whole lol.

I'm curious now, why do you need a kit to make tacos? Don't the just sell tortillas at the store?

You can make whatever fillings you want in them, slap it on a tortilla, and bam! Taco! No kit needed!

Here tortillas are a large section of the bread isle. There's bread, buns (hotdog and hamburger) and tortillas! The store I go to (H.E.B) also makes fresh tortillas there, which is what I normally get. They're normally still warm...YUM!

I think it was how they were introduced mainstream here really, we have old El Paso dinner kits and you just add the meat and veg (a bit like hamburger helper) and I think that's just how they became popular but yeah you can buy the ingredients separately, I'm just lazy and love the kits haha but I think I will definitely try and branch out because I love it and as I am fussy I can choose what I'd like!

Hahah man v food is soo addictive to watch..

We have a Chiquitos here and also a chimichangas too.. We have quite a few different type of restaurants here we are quite spoilt.. (5 nandos.. Eg) we also have a turtle bay and alas iguanas which is more Latin food.. And cocktails ;)

DS loves building them and will eat the soured cream by the spoonful but doesn't get the concept of eating the taco whole lol.

Haha Maria would eat the sour cream by the spoonful too if I let her!

They do sell tortillas here including the corn ones but nowhere near as many varieties as in Southern states of the US, we also don't have freshly baked tortillas they are all pre-packaged. On the other hand in the UK we tend to have a lot more Indian and Middle Eastern styles of bread and wraps that are sold everywhere xx

I honestly didn't know tortillas were tacos!! I figured the hard things you stick chilli in were tacos and torillas with filling were wraps.. :shrug: :blush:

Off topic, but it LOVE Adam Richman... He tagged me in a post and started following me on Instagram the other day. I nearly died.

Jealous!! I love him. They filmed an episode on Man V Food near me last week but I didn't bother going because he wasn't in it :(

Are tacos and other Mexican food still as popular up in the Northern States?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->