do you ever have doubts?

eclipse

Mom of 2 wonderful kids!
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this a lot, actually. My son is 2, and we keep wavering back and forth on whether we want him to have a sibling or not. I know that sounds really stupid. :dohh: Its just that it seems it is never a good time or something happens that makes us re-examine our patience, finances, etc. I'm also scared to go through the birth process, after what happened last time, to be honest. Does anyone else go through this, or do I sound completely insane? BE HONEST! I can take it!! :D:rofl:

No I know what you mean. Although this is something that I really want to do I am worried about money and the credit crunch and if it will effect us. I was really wavering over it but I think we just have to go with it and muddle through if something happens - touch wood it doesn't

Yep, I am the same....I know I want it and I know it will be fantastic when it happens but it is also the single biggest decision we will ever make and that is bound to come with some doubts.

I wonder if we will be good parents, I wonder if we will be ok money wise, I wonder if our our relationship will change more than I am happy with....but that is all they are...just little doubts that will I am sure disapear the minute we all get to the point of holding our little ones....x

The one thing I've found about the money is if you wait until you have enough, you will never have kids. I always find a way to buy diapers, food, etc. and it really does seem like I don't know how I lived without him. I also doubt if I will be able to love another as much as I love him though. I know that sounds dumb, but he is my world. Hmmmm....I need to chill out, maybe. XD

I know exactly what you mean, so your not being stupid or crazy, I think it's natural to have doubts towards your money and patience, especially when you already have one child. :hug:

The one thing I've found about the money is if you wait until you have enough, you will never have kids. I always find a way to buy diapers, food, etc. and it really does seem like I don't know how I lived without him. I also doubt if I will be able to love another as much as I love him though. I know that sounds dumb, but he is my world. Hmmmm....I need to chill out, maybe. XD

Hun, I felt, (and still feel) the same way! People tell me that you will have lots of love to go around, but it is so hard to believe (yet, at the same time, know it is obviously true!) I think many people have this concern as well, because of the love they have in their hearts for baby #1. :hug:

I felt exactly the same. I already have a child but she's 16 so the gap between her and a possible sibling would be huge. I didnt know if I could go thru the sleepless nights, nappies etc again seeing as it's been so long since I was there last time!
Also the state of our economy is a big worry for me. I've just started working after being a stay at home mum and I have to admit that I'm really enjoying it. My OH is on disability allowance because he has Multiple Sclerosis so I know that if we were to have a child together things would be VERY tight financially. We've havent been together all that long either and we waited so long to get together (known each other 12 years but there was always huge chemistry...I was in a relationship at the time) that we're just enjoying being together and having our personal time. What with possible genetic factors, and also our age, we've decided that having a child together isnt for us. It's a shame cos I would like another one but at the same time I know that this is the right thing for me and for my relationship.

I had my daughter when I was 18 (she wasnt planned!) and was a single parent by the time I was 20 so financially it was hard, but it was worth it. I now have a beautiful, smart funny 16 year old and I feel so proud when I look at her and think that she's mine :)
A decision this huge is always going to bring doubts but if you listen to all of those doubts it'll be something you never get round to. Sometimes you just have to take the plunge if it's something you want that badly. The benefits of having a child outweigh the doubts! And there'll always be more than enough love to go round :)

Good luck in whatever you decide to do hun :hugs:

Edit : Just realised what an essay that turned into!! Sorry girls lol!

Well, i for one think your completely insane. :p

Jokes, im just teasing you. I dont have a LO but many of the reasons you have described are why we feel we should put it on hold. I guess there is never a perfect time, but if you want another LO then things will sort themselves out. :hugs:

I have doubts too. I have worries about the whole giving birth thing, how i will manage, but i suppose when it comes to it you just do! I worry about money as i know how costly children are, so what if one of us was to lose our job? I worry about whether i would have to go back to work after having a baby cos i really dont want to. And i still have doubts about giving up going out/holidays etc etc!! But have two more years before we TTC so hoping that some of these worries will be sorted by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->