Do you ever have these days?! Long

Bella1185

Reaction score
Okay don't even know if this is the correct place to post, but I need a little rant! :wacko:

(For the record I obviously love DD and throughout the day I continuously remind myself that if these things are my biggest problems then we are blessed!!!!)

Please tell me some of you all have these days?!!?
-DD wakes up at 8am (I use "wake up" loosely, as its the 5th time since she woke up 4 other times through the night for various reasons) and she is dead set on finding the kite she got during Halloween trick or treating last night. It's a a cute and inexpensive kite that someone gave out instead of candy. Can't find kite anywhere. Call grandma, call DH at work. Trash the house looking for it. I try to explain we can get her a new one- but nope. Hysteria. Try to distract her, play games, take her outside/store; but nope - She needs THAT KITE. More hysteria. Still can't find that damn kite. Bless her. She's sad for hours until she finally gets over it because she finds a piece of candy from Halloween in the couch and eats it :shrug:
-I decide my goal for the day (besides keeping DD happy and alive from whatever she ate from the couch) was simple. My goal was to take down Halloween decorations and start pulling out the Christmas things. We have VERY few of each. Minimal decorations in this house. Yet, As all of you with toddlers know, such a task isn't actually possible in any way that's straightforward. DD usually helps with things (such as cooking) but nope, not today. In the last 12 hours we have literally done everything BUT the goal for the day. In fact we've only taken down half the Halloween decorations and DD has pulled the Christmas crap out - all over. It looks like someone has broken into our home and exploded bombs of sparkly skeletons and pine needle covered pumpkins ALL OVER. I think one of our chihuahuas might be trapped under a garland but can't be sure.
-its now nearly bed time for her and I feel like I haven't done much with her at all, despite spending every moment with her. Certainly haven't had a single moment to myself either....

I don't know why this bothers me so much....except I just want to accomplish SOMETHING during the day. And then....I get really sad, because once I tuck her sweet little self in bed, I'll get the task completed yet feel totally frustrated because the only thing I got accomplished is something so silly as trading one season decorations for another??!! :saywhat: so really not much of anything at all, eh?

I know raising a child is an accomplishment; and DD is happy and healthy - but damn I swear my brain is fried from all these little silly "goals". Perhaps when she goes to preschool here soon and I get back to work I'll feel more normal.....but in the meantime thanks for reading my rant :flower:

😀 I work too so I'm not at home every day but when I am it shocks me how little I get done. I have Thursdays off and we have swimming lessons in the afternoon. Often this is the only thing we do yet I somehow still never sit down. My mil was over yesterday and it was amazing what I managed to achieve just with her here to watch ds. Did food shopping, sorted ds's clothes out, did some washing, went to physio, bought more clothes for ds. Felt so accomplished by the end of the day!

I totally get your frustration. For me my small accomplishment used to be, getting them dressed up to go to the park and then once there, having a snack (small cappuccino for me, bliss) at a cafe and them sitting nicely and not wrecking the place lol

I have lots of those days. :lol:

I hope you found your chihuahua. ;)

Aww she sounds really sweet bless her :) I do understand it can be so frustrating! When my kids 'help' they have the best of intentions but often nothing gets done either. We also tried to put away halloween decorations tonight and they just shuffled them from room to room :facepalm:

It takes such patience with our little ones! Sounds like your daughter had a fun day regardless. And I hope you found your dog yes :lol:

Sounds like every day around here! My task for today is to get the washing dried. I'm 1.2% sure it will happen...

I totally sympathise! Some days are so hard! :hugs:

Taking down Halloween decorations on Nov 1? I think you are setting your expectations too high 😆. Mine will probably be up until December!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->