Do you feel anything for your bump..?

faille

Mummy & WTT
Reaction score
I dunno if this is normal or not but I can't say that I "feel" anything for my bump..

Obviously I'm excited and over the moon to be pregnant and I'd be absolutely devasted if anything was to happen but at the same time, I don't feel "connected". It's still really hard to comprehend that there's a little baby in there!

Sometimes when I get an obvious foot or something poking out and I really start to think about, I'll feel all warm and gooey over it, but on the whole, it's just a big belly iykwim? :blush:

Does anyone else feel the same or do you have a bond with your unborn baby? When my OH tells me he loves me, then says 'love you' to my bump, I can't say I agree.... I don't love my bump, I don't feel connected enough to love it...:blush:

I know what you mean hun, i'm kinda the same. I know there is a baby in there but as of yet i don't feel much for the 'bump' hard to explain xx

:hug:
You will feel it as soon as she is in your arms hun xx
I can't say I dont have a bond with my bump, I talk to it all the time, telling him I love him so much, I read to him and stroke him loads, so does OH xox

Yeah I'm as cold as ice! Lol.

I really struggled with accepting the whole pregnancy vibe for ages. It wasn't until we knew the sex at 21 weeks that I started to get some kind of attachment to the baby.

Like you say, I wouldn't want anything to happen to baby or whatever, but equally I didn't think of it as a baby or as my baby.

When we have scans and stuff, I see the baby on the screen and obviously I know "that's a baby, that's my baby, that's inside my womb" but only in terms of logic. I don't go gooey or cry or anything like that, in fact I think hubby feels it more than I do.

However, I've found the movements have helped a lot in that he feels a lot more real and naming him helped as well as I could talk to him more comfortably but I'm pretty much in the same boat as you!

oh yes i do! and this is going to sounds really kooky but since i had a dream i feel so much more connected to my baby.....i dreamed one night that my belly wasnt made of skin,it was more like a carrier bag type material and my baby stuck his hand up through it and i held his hand. When i woke up i could remember it vividly and even touched my tummyto feel what it was made of (told you it was kooky:rofl:) and since that night i feel very close to him-i told one of my witchy friends and she said it sounded like a very positive dream and it sounds like he was reaching out to me to bond already! and this has intensified since i had my 4d scan and i could see him properly, i cannot wait for him to be born!!

**the weirdo shuffles back off to her cave**:rofl:

I love my bump and i actually mean my physical shape the little tiny person inside is a totally different story i adore him even though i have never met him before. I'm really protective and talk to him all the time stroke my belly tap it when he's kicking me so he knows how i feel when he kicks me lol him and his dad have little fights where if i get kicked and his dad feels it he pokes the baby back we are both attached to the bump. Didn't really kick in till a few weeks ago though.

I do feel connected I think...it's weird but I really notice it when the baby kicks me or moves a lot in public and I can't talk to him/her (without looking like a freak that is) and I realize how close I feel to my baby. I talk to the baby a lot....sadly he doesn't talk back! lol. BUT at the same time I understand what you're saying...I still find it strange thinking my baby's inside me...even though I feel him move, I talk to him, I've seen him on the u/s...it's just something I won't truly get until I hold him/her in my arms!

I never 'connected' with me bump when i was preg. But the minute i gave birth and saw him i just felt it and ive not let him out me sight since :blush: Just wait until lo is in your arms you will feel it XxxX

i feel quite attached, i think it was because we tried aka 'seen what happened' and iwanted this not like 1st time when i was just stupid about protection. and i am so so excited to meet our baby. i think alot of these feelings are because at 1st 2 drs told me there was a good chance preg was ectopic and then we were told the vein in cord was measuring big which can cause problems so it made me really value and appreciate. i adore seeing baby on screen when we go for monthly growth scans and seeing him/her wiggle.

i often tell baby off for being naughty and kicking me hard and say something like 'naughty baby' and me and mr.man will say stuff like 'if you love mummy/daddy kick' 'if daddy smells kick' haha :rofl: we are sooo sad!! :lol:

xXx

Im crazy in love with my bump , well not my bump so much but the lil guy inside my bump . Im very connected with him .

I always talked to my baby even before he was born...although at times it was kinda the feeling that i cant believe theres this little person inside there that is mine...but i loved being pregnant...and i did connect to my baby especially after we had the 4d ULTRASOUND done that was the topping on the cake LOL....

I was in the same boat as you hun until about 1 week ago when i had reduced movments and then couldnt find a heart beat. A scan relevealed she was perfectly fine, but it scare the sh*te outta me. Been talking to her ever since.

Mind im not all cooey and gooey all of the time, i had some icecream ealier (im having to make her move just to make sure i get my 10 a day) and she started kicking. And i quote

"if you dont like it, how about you come out!" :blush:

Hehehe, glad i was sat outta ear shot of anyone

I think it happens to all of us at different times. some people bond in thier pregnancy, at different points. Other do so the at birth and other people take a little longer than that.
I dont think one of us loves our Lo's less than another and are any less devoted to thier welfare
:hug:

I am really connected with my bump and my little Flump inside too. I always have at least one hand on bump, feeling it move and things, i grab it's foot when it sticks out.

I had a dream that i wasn't pregnant, after i woke the 1st thing i did was put my hans on my bump to make sure it was still there. I think it's the most amazing little thing and i'm so proud and in love with it!

you will bond with LO as soon as you see them i'm sure!

Love Laura and Flump.
xxxx

i think its strange to love something
you've never met ...
when i was pregnant i didn't much
care for the bump itself ... i never
sat there and stroked it or talked
to it ...
but as soon as i gave birth
i fell in love!!

xx​

i was never really connected with my bump either i just could not imagine the real life baby inside despite all the kicks and the scans including a 4d one i couldnt put the two together the baby and the belly dosent mean i was any less excited about the baby at all it was just so surreal but when u have your baby in your arms u will feel a definate connection between u and ur baby dw

Yeah, I wouldn't say I had a huge 'connection' with my bump. I mean, I love my baby tons, but it's just weird thinking there is actually a little person in there!!!

It became more real when we found out it was a boy at 19 weeks, and even MORE real when we had the 3D ultrasound at 27 weeks, but it's still weird thinking there is a baby inside!! I rub it, my DH talks to it, and kisses it, and tells him he loves him, but I really just can't wait to meet the little guy, and have this feeling that everyone keeps talking about!!

xx

I don't rub or talk to my bump. I know she is there, I feel her, I have seen her, but she still won't really be real till she comes out.

I am always stroking my bump and talking to him, but i understand what you mean about seeing scans and cant believe that little person is in me... We got a sneaky peak of his face and i did cry, just couldnt help it...i dont know i do think im quite connected but expect to be overwhelmed when he is born x

I have a huge connection. People probably think im mad because i chat away to it and stroke it and tickle it. I just wish i could hug it. Cant wait to have my little man here. Gonna be so amazing what i feel for him.

Im the same hun, still find it hard to think its MY baby in there, just a belly that moves to me :rofl: its kinda weird x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->