Do you feel "embarrassed" when buying pregnancy tests?

Wnt2beAMom

Reaction score
I think maybe it is silly, but whenever I think we may have "opps" I just wanna POAS haha

However, I get extremely embarrassed/anxious about what the teller may be thinking when I buy a PG test....

Anyone else experience this?

I used to... I would be all paranoid and try to hide it with other things, so it wasn't so obvious and other people didn't see it. But, now that we are in the NTNP phase, I walk up and put it flat down on the belt and am thinking "yeah, that's right, I could be pregnant..." all slick and everything.

:rofl: No, but seriously I do that.

I was 31 when I got pregnant with my son but as I look really young, yes I felt a bit embarrassed in case the seller and others nearby wrongly judged me as a young teenager who got carelessly pregnant! I should not care but I am so self conscious!

When the time comes I'm gonna buy an OPK along with the pg test. That way they know it's planned. Why should we be bothered about judgement anyway! People can think what they like!

I get extremely nervous but only because the most convinient place for me to get them is my work place :dohh:

To be honest I feel more arkward as the seller when someone else is buying them, I never know what to say!!!

When I bought the test I had already missed my period so I was quite nervous I took my sister for support! :haha:

I've only bought a pregnancy test a couple of times, when I was about 18 or 19. I was so embarrassed. I bought pregnacare to start New Year's Day, I was so embarrassed buying them. When I was younger, I used to get really embarrassed buying pads/tampons. I now find it quite funny if it's a young lad serving, I actually quite often choose to go to their till, and he gets embarrassed - I hope that doesn't make me mean?

I do get embarrassed at that! My friend works in a supermarket you see, and we always talk about what people are buying.

So I suppose it's more of a privacy thing for me. I live in quite a small town and I'm afraid it might get spread around that I'm trying/pregnant. You should have seen me buying my folic acid - it was like some kind of secret mission!!!

I used to, but only because I look young (I got ID'd for a cert15 dvd last year and because I didn't have any they refused to sell it to me! I'M 22!!!)
But now it doesn't bother me. I know my age. I know my situation. That's all that matters and other people can think what they like!

OMG Lil miss thats funny. I got carded for an R rated movie a couple years ago when I was about 24. LOL.

Nah, I don't feel embarrassed. When I was in high school and had to buy pads, I would ALWAYS go through self-checkout. That was pretty embarrassing for me lol. Now I'm like, hey, I don't see my tampons, hey worker guy, help me find them! hahaha

I used to feel embarrassed back when I wasn't ready for it - as if I made a juvenile mistake and could be paying a significant price for it. But now that I'm ready for it, it's like a switch went off and I have the same feeling mandaa1220 described! I put it down with a big smile with the thought that "yep, I could very well be pregnant and I can't wait to go pee on this stick!" The last time I bought one there was this really cute elderly lady working at the cash and it was the sweetest thing. She gave me such a big smile and wished me all the best. :)

Lol funny stories. I was the same with pads and tampons but it doesn't bother me anymore. I will never forget the first time I bought condoms at 17 lol...I'm from a small town growing up so I actually drove into the nearby city to buy some.

When the time comes I'm gonna buy an OPK along with the pg test. That way they know it's planned. Why should we be bothered about judgement anyway! People can think what they like!

That's a good idea!

I do get embarrassed and I hate myself for it. My baby was very much planned as the next one will be, yet I still feel like a silly school girl when I buy them.

I'm making a vow to myself, the next test I buy I'm going to be out and proud! I am a grown woman trying for a baby with my husband, I have nothing to be ashamed of! :haha:

I was too. Especially te first time as I wasn't trying and my cycles were whacked and the guy at the counter said "good luck!!!" I was like thaaaaanks and ran out! Maybe the next time around I won't feel as weird since we will be trying for the next one. (First was not planned)

YES! I make sure and buy other things as well, haha. Once I bought a box of tampons and a pg test.. they're probably thinking what is wrong with this girl? lmao

Yep. I look SO young. I get ID'd everywhere and just a couple of months ago I went to see a new hairdresser and she asked me if I had finished high school yet (I'm 25). :dohh:

The last time I bought one I wanted to just say "I'm married and I'm 25!!!!!!" before putting it down.

i used to, but now that i have baby fever...I feel all proud of it, and excited! haha!

I've never bought one before so I don't know how I would feel. Yet I felt a bit nervous about buying a onesie. :haha:

No I don't, but I used to. One time at Walgreens, my DH and I went to buy a PT (before we were ready) and the employee said "good luck, whatever you're hoping for." Looking back, that makes me thoroughly annoyed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->