Do you find it difficult peeing in the cup?

Start peeing, check where your stream is going and catch with cup. Easy peasy. And Dr's don't care if the bottle gets peed on, just rinse it.

My docs previously had test tube bottles too...but they've just introduced special big syringes, so now you have to pee in to something and then syringe it up!

I get given a test tube aswell.
And the toilet is at the other end of the doctors and I always feel really embarrassed walking passed loads of people with a pee sample and I hate handing it over when its warm lol x

I always wrap mine up in a million metres of tissue! That probably makes it even more obvious! I don't wan anyone to see me pee!! X

omg I find it so annoying, more so cause there is pressure for me to pee so its hard :haha: but being pregnant its easier having to pee!

We get pots which are not easy to pee into lol

:rofl: its not so bad peeing in it - I'm the one who gets to test the pee! and really if you don't dry it or wait for me to put gloves on I just get handed a tiny pot covered in your wee :sick: I'm not easily grossed out but really? :haha: when the nice polite ladies come in I give a disposable drinking cup or a cardboard sick bowl to help with the wee collecting :thumbup:

i find peeing on the sticks a lot harder hahaha. i *think* i've got it in place and then its actually nowhere near the urine stream. i've been getting urine tests on the regular since i was 15 so im a pro at using a cup, but omg things get a million times harder once you have a massive baby bump!

I hate peeing in the cup. Somehow I always end up missing at first and peeing on my hands. I would be so mortified if I had to walk my sample up to the desk and give it to them. At my obgyn's office they have a little collection box in the bathroom that you leave your sample in and they collect it after you leave. So much better.

So do we! It's not in the bathroom, but it's where you collect the sample bottles from. Unfortunately a lot of our patients can't speak or read english (or choose not to actually look at the giant sign I made :dohh:) so I spend more time than I'd like going in the waiting room to announce "ANYONE GOT ANY URINE SAMPLES FOR ME? THANK YOU, I'LL COLLECT THEM AND THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU SHORTLY"... :blush: :rofl:

This just reminded me, at my previous Drs surgery there was a tray out in the reception area with a big sign on it that said 'URINE SAMPLES' - as if it's not mortifying enough to have to pee in a tube, you then have to deliver it in front of a crowd.

I find it easy but only because I have bad kidneys and have had to pee in those test tube things about 1000 times because i get recurring urine infections so i grew up doing it, you get used to the positioning over time

Yesterday I went to the mw and I had lost my tube.. I haven't long recovered from a uti and have still found I'm not weeing as much. I down a drink before I leave and it's about a 20 min walk to the docs. I misjudged times slightly and we got there pretty much on time. I asked for a pot thing, then the loo was disabled so I had to wait. Once it was free I went and realised.. I still don't need to wee. Anyway I tried to get it in place and weed and a lil but came out but it went everywhere! I couldn't get the position right.. Next thing I know I stopped.. I had nothing left.. Looked in the tube and there was the smallest dribble. By this point I had already been called. I don't think the midwife was able to get a proper test....

I really struggle...

I wrap the pot then wee.. I hate delivering a soggy pot.. Embarrassing at my doctors you have to literally walk right through the waiting room.. With a lovely warm pot!

Here they just give you the stick and you poas like a pregnancy test. Seems way easier and less wasteful than millions of women peeing in a cup and tossing it at every appointment! Also way easier to aim lol.

do you know the worse bit? they expect you to get rid of it after!!!

mw words "just take it home and empty it" erm i brought a pot off pee with me i dont want to take it home thanks! i end up going to there room to tio it out and wash it for next time :sick:

2nd time failed to pee in the test tube and i have to leave in half a hour, commence drinking lots of liquids!

We used to get a small pot, then last time it was the test tube thing! I ended up peeing all over it! I did dry it off though before handing it over.

One health care assistant got me to open the tube & then she just stuck the stick in, I don't blame her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->