Do you give to charities?

i don't give to a regular charity on a regular basis. but if i have change or something i put it in a money box.

no i don't .... sometimes i put money into a charity box when i'm out shopping ... but i don't have one on direct debit... i wouldn't know how to pick one, if i gave to every charity asking for "just 2 pounds a month" i would have no money left.. i spose if i did pick one if would be Cancer research. x

I give to our local air ambulance. I think it is disgusting that they are not funded by the government when they are basically part of the emergancy services. Also it is a charity that one day myself or somebody I know may need to call on.

xxx

It really is worthwhile donating money to local charities or small national ones they can't afford the adverts you see on the TV but a lot do great work. For anyone concerned about how your donation is spent you can specify in writing that you want your donation spent on A,B and C programmes. This makes the amount a restricted donation and pretty much has to be spent the way you specified.

Also if you are a UK tax payer do fill out a gift aid form as the charity can claim back the VAT on the donation.

I have a direct debit for the WWF and the British Red Cross. :)

EDIT: I also do fundraising for my local animal shelter, but the money doesn't come out of my pocket, unless it's a packet of dog biscuits or a few tins of food I drop in :)

I donate to the local hospice, breast cancer and every now and again NSPCC. My work is quite charity orientated as a few of our colleagues/colleagues wifes have had cancers so we do quite a bit of find raising for them :)

I also donate items of clothing/household objects that I no longer have a need for to the charity shops around town and I also buy items from them but this is quite rarely.

Whenever we have a sort out of clothes and stuff from the flat it goes straight to the charity shop run by the hospice that my nan was in 10 years ago. They do an amazing job so I'd rather give the stuff (usually in very good condition) so they can sell it, than sell it on ebay etc and make a bit of extra pocket money for us.

I prefer to give money to smaller, grassroots charities than large ones that spend loads on advertising, employing 'charity muggers' and overpaid staff xx

I've put other because we donate to the British Red Cross by direct debit every month x

I have a direct debit for scope, but I'm not sure I'm going to continue as there so big and the money is needed for smaller charities. Does that sound mean?

I donate to Help for Heroes, as an ex-army family i know how much they help.
I also give to cancer research monthly and i donate to our local childrens hospice through my wages. As my nanna used to say " you never know when you'll need the help they give yourself" :D

I have a direct debit for scope, but I'm not sure I'm going to continue as there so big and the money is needed for smaller charities. Does that sound mean?

Tbh to me no it doesn't... If a smaller charity needs the money then I'd say go for it x

No I think what you are saying makes sense :thumbup:I am going to be revising mine and choosing once local charity instead.

I dont have a monthly direct debit, but I donate regularly if that makes sense.

I also try to fundraise did a run for a cancer charity in 2007 (six weeks after Honey was born), did a run for SANDS in 2008 (six weeks after a c-section), earlier this year I donated a lump sum to west London SANDS and next year I do a trek in the Sahara for Tommy's :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->