Do you give ur child mcdonalds? No comments please :)

Do you guys even know what goes into the food. There are no chemicals in the food. The beef is just beef the pork is just pork and the coffee just coffee. very stereotypical for people just assume that as it is classed as fast food that it is of poor quality!!

Do you guys even know what goes into the food. There are no chemicals in the food. The beef is just beef the pork is just pork and the coffee just coffee. very stereotypical for people just assume that as it is classed as fast food that it is of poor quality!!

how do you know? just saying? there are a lot of people put off by fast food and convenience foods with whats being going on with supermarkets,how do we know its not in fast food chains? i wouldnt trust any where that i dont know where the meat has come from...

It says on the ingredients, I'm pretty sure it would entail a big law suit if they lied to the public.The supermarkets advertised what they thought was beef but as it had been passed around so many companies before getting to England somewhere along the lines they forgot to mention the horse lol.It could be the same from any place you eat,your local butcher etc.unless you go to the slaughterhouse and bring your meat straight home then you only have one choice and that is to trust the source to tell you what you are buying.

Just wanted to add,where oh works there is a girl whose dad runs a farm and their cows are split between MacDonald's and marks and Spencer.Bet you wouldn't turn your nose up at a marksies burger :)

It says on the ingredients, I'm pretty sure it would entail a big law suit if they lied to the public.The supermarkets advertised what they thought was beef but as it had been passed around so many companies before getting to England somewhere along the lines they forgot to mention the horse lol.It could be the same from any place you eat,your local butcher etc.unless you go to the slaughterhouse and bring your meat straight home then you only have one choice and that is to trust the source to tell you what you are buying.

You have a point...trust no one :haha: HOWEVER i get my meat (and Veg) from a organic box scheme and these people are passionate about the food and wildlife, they care about animals and wildlife its not just about money with these guys,i think i would trust these farmers rather than MacDonalds,where its more about profit not health,they dont care about your health or your arteries so they are not gonna care about any animal...or probably not ask to many questions

Now ok there may not be horse meat in it but i bet there are lots of growth hormones and antibiotics in them because thats whats in non organic meat...

I

Just wanted to add,where oh works there is a girl whose dad runs a farm and their cows are split between MacDonald's and marks and Spencer.Bet you wouldn't turn your nose up at a marksies burger :)

yeah i would actually as i dont get my meat from supermarkets :winkwink:

Yeah chicken is chicken but .... with the mass produced farms, a chicken ain't exactly a chicken anymore either!!!

Ot but from our local butcher the chicken breasts are huge,bigger than mine lol.I was saying to oh they must have monster chickens where they came from!

Ot but from our local butcher the chicken breasts are huge,bigger than mine lol.I was saying to oh they must have monster chickens where they came from!

:rofl: Kerrie, thanks for that. The first time I've laughed today.

thats because they are full of water,hormones and antibiotics,quite scary really...

Chemicals might be the wrong word, but I'd be surprised if anyone would want to eat mcDonalds after seeing what the animals go through. Pumped full of hormones and antibiotics, fillers used in the meat, and everything at mcd's and other fast food places are usually highly processed. It's pretty gross if you really look into it. I won't eat it. I'm not judging those who do eat it, but it grosses me out.

Lo had her first happy meal last week. She had a cheeseburger, fruit bag and calciyum (milk drink). I dont think its a problem every now and then, if the rest rest of their diet is healthy. Even if their food has all these chemical, hormones ect (tbh i dont think it is that bad because mcd's has been under a lot of scrutinity over the years and improved their meat sources), i dont think it will do a child any harm to have it once in a blue moon. I dont want my kid to grow up thinking certain foods are taboo. I grew up eating mcdonalds every now and then and I am very healthy,thin, and have a good relationship with food. And i remember it was an amazing treat when we got to eat there. Where's the harm?

Lo had her first happy meal last week. She had a cheeseburger, fruit bag and calciyum (milk drink). I dont think its a problem every now and then, if the rest rest of their diet is healthy. Even if their food has all these chemical, hormones ect (tbh i dont think it is that bad because mcd's has been under a lot of scrutinity over the years and improved their meat sources), i dont think it will do a child any harm to have it once in a blue moon. I dont want my kid to grow up thinking certain foods are taboo. I grew up eating mcdonalds every now and then and I am very healthy,thin, and have a good relationship with food. And i remember it was an amazing treat when we got to eat there. Where's the harm?

yes i wouldnt think it would do any harm eaten occasionally....However its the animals that does concern me but thats not just McDonalds but a lot of meat that isnt free range organic and i dont want my child growing up knowing we are adding to the misery where animals are treated badly just because people wanted cheap fast convenience foods....

yes i wouldnt think it would do any harm eaten occasionally....However its the animals that does concern me but thats not just McDonalds but a lot of meat that isnt free range organic and i dont want my child growing up knowing we are adding to the misery where animals are treated badly just because people wanted cheap fast convenience foods....

Totally agree. Once and a while won't harm us probably, but it continues the horrible process of what the animals go through. I don't eat meat, but if I did, and when I cook for others, I am sure to get organic, free range etc- not just for the sake of us humans, but for the sake of the animals too.

I wouldn't give it to them till they are old enough to ask for it. DD went there for the first time when she was about 4/5 after a kids party and they went bowling and had Mc'd afterwards. A week or two later we were in town and she said 'look mummy we went there for x's bday'. I explained that that's where you go on special occasions such as birthdays etc and she didn't question it again. She has probably been there about 3/4 times in the past few years.
I'm not overly strict about what she eats but I don't really see the point in giving them a taste for things like that when they are young. Same with crisps, I gave her the organic type rice puff things and as she doesn't know any different she never asks for them. I see some toddlers screaming the store when their parents won't buy them crisps and I wonder why they ever started, DD never knew what they were so never asked for them. When she was young (3/4 )and asked about them I bought a flavour I knew she would hate like ham and mustard it something. She hated them and now thinks she doesn't like them.
I know as she is getting older that she realises that there are other things out there and now I let her try them and as soon as she is old enough to be out with her friends by herself I know she is going to be eating whatever she wants. Im not mean, she can have an ice cream at the park or wherever, i wouldn't make her feel left out. She sees those things as a treat now, she knows the importance of fruits and veg and will always pick fruit if offered as she loves it and Im happy with that. This baby will be the same, I don't want to give them a taste for something bad from such a young age but hey, that's just my opinion! X

It's the fact that it doesn't ever go mouldy that freaks me out!

I felt funny about giving Sam McDonalds and resisted for ages. But Dh and I do go occasionally, it's quick and easy, and it's a less stressful environment for lunch out than a pub / restaurant so I'm not sure why I was so daft about it.

He has 4 chicken nuggets, a fruit bag, his normal water (I swipe the orange juice for our fridge just) and a few of my fries. Really can't see why that is any worse than me giving him chicken nuggets at home.

And he enjoys it and sees it as a treat which is the wee happy moments that it's all about really :)

I've given my lo a bit of roll from Maccas. most of the time it's really healthy food I haven't given him fries yet coz I'm worried about him choking on them. I've heard a few horror stories about mates babies choking on them. when my lo is a year round a bouts once in a blue moon he could have half a meal or something. Sharing with mummy or daddy. anything in moderation, moderation being the key word, should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->