Do you give ur child mcdonalds? No comments please :)

Yes we do. I'm not even ashamed to admit it because most if the time my kids have a bloody good diet with lots of nutrients and variation. The times they have a McDonald's is rare; once or twice a month I'd say. McDonald's here is very good; we have a better selection than in the UK, so we make sure they have a decent selection - nuggets, wedges, apple or grapes and water to drink. They share the same meal too; my eldest usually has three nuggets and my youngest will have one, then they share everything else.

I've done the holier than thou "ill never give my child a McDonald's until they're older", but in the grand scheme if things it's hardly anything to worry about, assuming you can provide them with a balanced diet the rest of the time. TBH we don't have an oven or hob (stove) at the moment (only have a microwave), so I'm just proud of myself for not having grabbed fast food more often!

How do you take salt off fries?

With your fingers.

I highly doubt we got ALL the salt off but we tried to brush as much off as possible. Their fries are sooo salty.
we put it in our mouth and run it past our lips to get the salt off; like you'd run your finger out to make sure you have no lipstick on the i side of your lips. not licking it because it doesn't get wet, but the salt is left behind so it works :thumbup:

The only thing we eat from McDonalds is oatmeal, so yes!

what we forget is this kinda food is generally cheaper than health food. its better to feed your kids something rather than nothing:)

I worked at macdonalds while at collage. You supposed to have two spaces in your fries bin. One side for salt and one with out, if some one wants them with out salt, you have to make sure there are no traces of salt in the "bin" and use a clean scoop on a fresh batch of fries. There is no salt on them at all.

Iv read through the ingrediants list and the food is no worse than the stuff you buy in the supermarkets.

These are the ingrediants for macodnalds fish fingers taken from the maconalds site. https://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/product_nutrition.happymeal.31.fish-fingers.html

Hoki Fillet (65%), Wheat Flour, Water, Modified Wheat Starch, Corn Flour, Salt, Corn Starch, Yeast, Stabiliser (Carboxy Methyl Cellulose)

These are the ingrediants from birdseye fish fingers, https://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268202034

Alaska Pollock Fillet (58%),Breadcrumb ,Batter,Vegetable Oil .Breadcrumb: Wheat Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast, Paprika, Turmeric. Batter: Wheat Flour, Water, Salt, Refined Fish Oil, Potato Starch

These are the ingrediants for macodnalds fish fingers taken from the maconalds site. https://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/product_nutrition.happymeal.31.fish-fingers.html

Hoki Fillet (65%), Wheat Flour, Water, Modified Wheat Starch, Corn Flour, Salt, Corn Starch, Yeast, Stabiliser (Carboxy Methyl Cellulose)

These are the ingrediants from birdseye fish fingers, https://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268202034

Alaska Pollock Fillet (58%),Breadcrumb ,Batter,Vegetable Oil .Breadcrumb: Wheat Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast, Paprika, Turmeric. Batter: Wheat Flour, Water, Salt, Refined Fish Oil, Potato Starch

So McDonalds actually have more fish in haha

I worked at macdonalds while at collage. You supposed to have two spaces in your fries bin. One side for salt and one with out, if some one wants them with out salt, you have to make sure there are no traces of salt in the "bin" and use a clean scoop on a fresh batch of fries. There is no salt on them at all
there is DEFINITELY no bin for non salted fries here. Either they salt them, in which case they're overloaded, or they don't, which usually means they've run out. Of you ask for fries without salt they look at you like you're crazy, and insist you wait 10 mins for it

I worked at macdonalds while at collage. You supposed to have two spaces in your fries bin. One side for salt and one with out, if some one wants them with out salt, you have to make sure there are no traces of salt in the "bin" and use a clean scoop on a fresh batch of fries. There is no salt on them at all
there is DEFINITELY no bin for non salted fries here. Either they salt them, in which case they're overloaded, or they don't, which usually means they've run out. Of you ask for fries without salt they look at you like you're crazy, and insist you wait 10 mins for it

Where I am there's a divider and if someone asks for no salt they slide all the salty chips along with the divider and wipe out all the salt with a cloth and spray. Then they put the fresh chips in with no salt on. They're supposed to do the wiping out thing like every half an hour or something too.

You will have to wait, it takes 4 mins for a fresh batch but if you ask for them first by the time they have got the rest of your food ready they should be ready

If your child has a very healthy organic diet then Mcdonalds is going to seem ridiculous to give to a child which i can understand but ive had people turn their nose up at kids having mcdonalds yet they feed them burgers and nuggest from Tesco which lets face it probably have far more crap in then mcdonalds food.

Your average sandwich from Tesco or subway is probably worse in regard to salt and fat content.

I always say no salt because i think its fairly universal that you dont put salt on your kids chips right?

I had McDonalds for breakfast this morning and shared my bacon mcmuffin & hashbrown with my 6 month old.

Just kidding. I'm not sharing, I want it all to myself. I gave him a tit instead.

If your child has a very healthy organic diet then Mcdonalds is going to seem ridiculous to give to a child which i can understand but ive had people turn their nose up at kids having mcdonalds yet they feed them burgers and nuggest from Tesco which lets face it probably have far more crap in then mcdonalds food.

Your average sandwich from Tesco or subway is probably worse in regard to salt and fat content.

I always say no salt because i think its fairly universal that you dont put salt on your kids chips right?

It was reported yesterday that Subway is more unhealthy than a MacD so there is truth in that statement!

yes but she only picks at the burger bun and has a few chips.

There wasn't an option for my answer. We wouldn't give LO McDonalds because he's veggie and we never go there, I'm certainly not making a trip there especially for him!

It was reported yesterday that Subway is more unhealthy than a MacD so there is truth in that statement!

No wonder my cat won't touch the meat from my subway sandwich! I heart Subway, tho

I love how these fast food places think the offering some sliced apple or a cup of yogurt suddenly makes the meal healthy :dohh:

Or salad, really who goes to McDonald's to have a salad?!?

McDonalds salads are delicious! I've only ever had one, mind you... but it was really good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->