Do you have names yet?

hongkongchick

Reaction score
i know it's still early, but do you have names yet?

I personally do not have names picked out yet, but hubby already said if it's a boy, he is gonna name him John, after his grandfather. Not that i don't like John, but i also don't particularly love it.

I am not sure how to discuss with hubby about this. How about you girls? Maybe your hubby wants a name that you hate or vice versa?

I think about this all the time! I had names picked out before, but now that I've lost those pregnancies, I don't feel the same about those names.

I want to start thinking about it now because I know it will take us forever to decide!

My ds was Rylan right from word go.

This one....I ain't got a bloody clue! I like freya or pheobe for a girl...baby's Dad has said no.

Lucas for a boy is one I'm flirting with at the moment

Yep!
Vincent Ross and Gabrielle Elyse

Daniel is on my mind at the moment. It's also a family name but that's not just why I'm considering it. It's prob it's the only hubby hasn't poo pooed so far.

I also quite like Michael and Joseph but hubby says no. Grr.

Quite traditional names really. I'm not really a traditionalist, I just don't want a name that will seem really cringey when they're older.

No girls names picked, I'm convinced I'm having a boy since they run in hubby's family.

Nope! Still have no name picked out and I am due in two months...DH is picky about names.

I was convinced I was having a boy right up until labour with my first - got an 18 month old girl now lol.

I have no clue about names but then we scrapped all of the ones we picked once she was born and picked a different one :thumbup:

When we were trying we couldnt agree on anything within a week of knowing we were pregnant we just agreed. We comprimised which was nice. With my son I was a single mom and it was all my decision. With my daughter dad said he didnt care and then changed the name when filing for her birth certificate behind my back so this time im glad I have agreed with baby dad. If a boy dominic christian alexander. Daddy picked dominic. I picked christian and alexander is daddy's middle name. Luckily we both like each others suggestions. For a girl we picked avery clara lynn. Avery daddy picked and I liked. Clara is oh moms name and lynn is short for my moms name linda :). Daddy is sure we are having a girl though :)

My husband has purely decided on his own for a boys name and I'm not going to argue because it is quite cute. Jensen Thomas. Jensen is an actors name from one of his favorite tv shows, supernatural. Lol. And his father's middle name is thomas and so is his middle name, plus our daughter has my middle name Nicole. So its only fair. Now if its a girl our daughter is naming it. She said since her name is Autumn Nicole she wants the baby to be called Winter Nicole. I told her that we needed to find a new middle name. I do like that middle name above, Sky. Winter Sky.

I like playing with initials. Before I got married my intials were MNM, like my favorite candy. So my daughter's initials are ANN, like my mom's middle name. JTN is my husband's initials so the boy's name he has picked out would match his. If its a girl I thought about Winter Iris so that her initials would spell WIN.

As far as not liking the name the father is insisting on, have you tried suggesting it as a middle name? We are using my fathers name as the middle name if it's a boy. (Riley Steven) We are still deciding on a girls name. We originally had Rielynn Olivia, but now I am not feeling it as much. I like Olivia for the middle still though. My DH and I don't agree on many names so it makes it tough.

We've not agreed on names although we have a shortlist that we both like but I think we'll probably name him/her depending on how they look when they arrive:baby:

Violet or Emma for a girl.
Jack or Kit for a boy.

We normally wait until the last month to decide on names but we have them picked way early this time. If it's a boy we like Warren David and if it's a girl Carlee Wren

We have our girl name picked out, Kennedi Elise. We can't agree on a boy name though. DH likes Riley but I don't. I compromised with Mason Riley and I LOVE it!! But DH hates mason.... I'm so frustrated! He won't budge at all!

Yep ours are picked...

Boy

Toby John

Girl

Danica Grace

:flower: x

Our girl name is picked, it's Liberty (Libby/Lily for short). It's unusual enough but not hard to say, & although we live in the UK I was born in America which is really special to me, & it reminds me of that. For a boy I seem to change my mind all the time, it's hard because I don't like many & OH doesn't agree on many with me either. At the moment we have agreed on Noah William (William was OH grandads name).
I have found you need to be honest & if you really don't like a name they've suggested then say & suggest some others. I have been really sure about certain boys names but OH didn't like them, then he suggested a load of other ones & I ended up liking a different one just as much. Luckily we all have plenty of time to get it right!
xo.

Nope. We pretty much don't agree on any name, and even the ones I like I don't love the same way I loved our daughter's name. I'm hoping we'll be struck by inspiration.

We've picked our boy name and I'm in a similar boat -- DH wanted to name a baby boy after his grandpa, so he gets first name and I get middle

Eric Nathaniel for a boy, and we're not entirely sure about a girl. Tossing up Violet and Kimya... I've had Kimya on my mind for a year or two :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->