Do you have names yet?

My ds was Rylan right from word go.

This one....I ain't got a bloody clue! I like freya or pheobe for a girl...baby's Dad has said no.

Lucas for a boy is one I'm flirting with at the moment

ahhh.. I love Freya, but it is a no for us as well, because our Greek relatives would have a hard time pronouncing it and we don't want her to end up with a hideous nickname :haha:

We have a short list of girl names that we both like and we are expecting a girl. Now, if we end up with a boy, we will have a hard time, because we couldn't find anything we liked for boys anyway, before we knew the gender.

As for your husband insisting on a name, I would tell him that I would love us to decide together, but he can use the name he likes for a second name, as a pp suggested.

My ds was Rylan right from word go.

This one....I ain't got a bloody clue! I like freya or pheobe for a girl...baby's Dad has said no.

Lucas for a boy is one I'm flirting with at the moment

ahhh.. I love Freya, but it is a no for us as well, because our Greek relatives would have a hard time pronouncing it and we don't want her to end up with a hideous nickname :haha:

I'm half greek and my name is Katie, also known as Katharos and I love it :)

wow, some very creative names yall got.

Hubby said i can decide the middle name, but first name is John......... maybe i will suggest John as a middle name and we choose the first name like Coco Tutu suggested!!!!

I am chinese, so i really cant middle name my child with a chinese name, and i cant middle name my child after my dad or grandpa either (haha both chinese). hubby said "oh but you can decide on a chinese name for the baby" haha as if the chinese name means anything in a western world.... lol

We have no boys names as of yet but for a girl we have Lila Seraphina picked out.

Right now the only names we have agreed on are Irie-Dawn for a girl and Orion for a boy. But there are so many names I really like that my SO hates. I like Jaxon, and Phoenix for a boy and Sapphira and Lyric for a girl *sigh*

We are thinking of Benjamin (Ben) or Briella (Ella). We also like Blaise and Bekah.
For middle names we like Lucas and Sophia-Kate.

Our shortlist is

Charles (Will be called Charlie)
William (Will be called Billy)
George
Joseph

Eliza
Freya
Phoebe
Daisy
Sofia

i am not overly keen on any of the girls choices but i think its because i love dd name so much nothing comes close.

i know it's still early, but do you have names yet?

I personally do not have names picked out yet, but hubby already said if it's a boy, he is gonna name him John, after his grandfather. Not that i don't like John, but i also don't particularly love it.

I am not sure how to discuss with hubby about this. How about you girls? Maybe your hubby wants a name that you hate or vice versa?

OH and I had a huge disagreement on this one he wanted W.M for a name which is actually just initials after one of his family members. He picked the first name for Tommy which wasn't bad in my opinion. But W.M. I hated and refused finally he allowed me to pick the name and our baby boy is Zachary Herbert after a long debate and him finally giving up. Zachary is not a family name but Herbert is after my pap who is 94 the day after he found out we were using his name he had a heart attach and was in the hospital for a few days we may still lose him soon but I just don't know he is getting better slowly but it is looking promising for now. But because of his nature which is that grumpy stubborn old man that wants things his way or not at all no one thinks to remember him and I am because we are very close. I am his adoptive grand daughter and I get treated better than the biological grandchildren as well as better than some of his own kids! So I felt it only right to keep his memory going and chose the name I did for that reason with no objections from OH.

If my husband told me he'd already picked a name and that was it, I can choose the middle name if I wanted... he'd get my foot up his arse! :haha: I have to love the name too, it has to be joint.

My OH and I didn't agree on any name until we found out the gender. Then in just one day we had a list of 4 potential names, including one that he had vetoed earlier... now that's his favourite one.
Had this baby been a girl, I think we'd still be stuck though.

I agree with pp about suggesting John as a middle name. First name has to be a joint decision, it's not right if you don't really like how your kid's named!

with DS I asked OH what he thought of Jake and he loved it (but if he hadnt there would of been a fight as I have had that name pick for over 10 years and WAS going to be my childs name)

to be fair I let OH pick the other name (wish I hadnt give him so much freedom though as im not massively keen on the name)

my son is: Cain Jake

as you can see Jake (which is his full time name) is the middle name, you could do it that way - contrary to the random stuff you hear (normally from people with no experience) being known by your middle name instead of first makes no difference to your life at all

good luck

We decided early on she is Skylee Ann. Ann is art of my moms middle name, and we fell in love with the Skylee.

We had names chosen straight away lol

Im now almost 24 weeks having my third baby after two daughters and its a boy:happydance:

We chose his name really early

Sonny Cash ..... needed a retro unusual name to match his big sisters:hugs:

I picked DS first name and DH picked his middle names, his name is Christian Daniel Edward (Christian after my dad because his name is Chris, Daniel is DH name :dohh: and Edward is the name passed down in his family)

DH picked DD first name and we decided the middle names together, her name is Isabel Holly Louise (Isabel after DH grandma, Holly because it was her 18th birthday 2 days before DD made an appearance and Louise after my aunty who I am close to and she cant have children)

This time nothing :shrug: We cant decide on a girl or boys name as I am fussy about names x

If my husband told me he'd already picked a name and that was it, I can choose the middle name if I wanted... he'd get my foot up his arse! :haha: I have to love the name too, it has to be joint.

yup, my hubby might get a foot up his ass lol

and thank you girls for your support, i wish i am creative like you guys are, but i have NOOOO clue whatsoever right now for either a boy's or a girl's name. maybe coz it's still early. maybe once i know the gender and could feel his/her kicks and when i can feel the personality, then i can maybe make a list.

yup hubby is gonna have to compromise, john as a middle name i don't mind, but i do like to have a name decided by the two of us.

Myself and OH are just currently TTC, But our chosen names will be..
Boy: Mason, with middle name William (after my Granddad who raised me)
Girl: Briella, with middle name Rae (after both our granddads were named Ray)

We wanted not so common names and luckily both agreed lol! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->