Do you have trouble eating in the morning?

M

MamaLoCo

I'm pretty accustomed to not eating breakfast in the morning, usually I'd just drink coffee and then more coffee...and more coffee, and of course that would suppress my appetite until lunch time, sometimes beyond.

This morning, I woke up with hunger pangs, but no desire to eat...so I went back to sleep. Now that I'm up and about (and off work today) I'm trying to force myself to eat so that I can take my vitamins. My vitamins are naturally sourced from whole foods, and therefore pretty gentle on the stomach, so they shouldn't CAUSE the morning sickness like those awful prescription ones.
I'm still afraid to take them on an empty stomach though, because you just never know...and I know that I need to eat breakfast to keep myself and my baby healthy but the thought of eating is a huge turn off to me and nothing seems appetizing.

I've been nibbling on crackers in the meantime but my morning energy/desire is severely lacking, and of course the main symptom I have right now is fatigue and my breasts probably wouldn't be that tender if I didn't keep grabbing them to see how tender they are.

I have my choice, in the kitchen, from fresh fruit to bacon and eggs but nothing seems good. Chewing is a turn off...and all I have for smoothies is frozen fruit and protein powder or greens powder...which I'm not even sure if I can have right now.

I'm trying to get myself to do this before the MS actually starts kicking in and making it even more difficult.

Anyone else in the same boat or have any tips, tricks, advice, anything?

This is super normal. I hardly eat. Aversion to eating. Pick at stuff plus I'm super nauseous. My best advice is try to snack on crackers or bread..it's better to have something in your stomach as it might help with nausea and vomiting.

Trust me, once your morning sickness kicks in you will have to eat or you will feel much worse! If i dont eat within half an hour of waking up then im sick, but its just bile and water which is just awful!!! I have to drink plenty of water and eat something in the morning so i feel slightly better. Try cutting up some fruit and snacking on that, that really helps me, especially apples and strawberries :) x

I'm in the same boat. I usually skip breakfast and have my coffee. My last pregnancy MS kicked in at 6 weeks and I learned that keeping my blood sugar up, especially in the morning into lunch REALLY helped with lessening the nausea. It was still oresent, but not as bad as it would be on an empty stomach.

You could try bulletproof cofree (decaf for those who stay away from is when preg) which is coffee with unsalted butter added. Sounds gross but it is really really good. That way you get some calories. Adding sugar would also be a good idea.

Personally I kept crackers on my nightstand and ate them before getting out of bed and felt better.

I'm not a breakfast person either but find I have to eat something otherwise I'll be sick. Some days I can manage some honey nut cornflakes other days it will be a crisp sandwich (so healthy) or a sausage sandwich. I'm struggling more with my main meals as I have zero appetite. X

Pre pregnancy I used to eat at 10:30am breakfast no problem. Now i can't even get past 8:30am without MS so I eat something at 8am. I eat cinnamon & spices oatmeal with fruit like apple or banana. I realized I like the spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and are fine to have and still thankfully delicious. Also try a light sandwich or eggs, if you eat them. They are light but will help curb MS. I'm learning to think ahead on what I can keep down my throat and what makes me nauseous just thinking about it. There's a lot of mental planning relating to what you can keep down in pregnancy I noticed. The items that appeal to you one day changes the next day. I was over the moon eating bean quesidillas this weekend, now I am nauseous thinking about them.

Pre pregnancy I used to eat at 10:30am breakfast no problem. Now i can't even get past 8:30am without MS so I eat something at 8am. I eat cinnamon & spices oatmeal with fruit like apple or banana. I realized I like the spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and are fine to have and still thankfully delicious. Also try a light sandwich or eggs, if you eat them. They are light but will help curb MS. I'm learning to think ahead on what I can keep down my throat and what makes me nauseous just thinking about it. There's a lot of mental planning relating to what you can keep down in pregnancy I noticed. The items that appeal to you one day changes the next day. I was over the moon eating bean quesidillas this weekend, now I am nauseous thinking about them.

I lived for a month on fried cheese balls and sliced cheese and cracker platters. Eggs made me gag. Thankfully, it was all over by 11 weeks!

OP, you may be one of those lucky ones who never get MS. My girlfriend had a son 4 months before me and she never had one day of MS, but she was dog tired the entire first and second tri's.

I've always been a breakfast eater, but since finding out in pregnant, I've had to force food down my throat in the mornings. I'm hungry at lunch and then not so hungry at dinner.

I have the opposite problem! I wake up everyday completely ravenous like I haven't eaten in days. I've only gotten nauseous and thrown up once though, so I guess I've been lucky so far.

Weirdly I haven't put on any weight yet despite my constant eating...I guess giving up wine makes it all balance out.

Yea same here. My MS is so bad in the mornings but i found it gets much worse if i dont eat. So now i force myself to eat SOMETHING...even if its not a breakfast food.

I have the same issue. I was never a solid food breakfast person, but I do love my smoothies.

2 packed cups of spinach
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen berries
1 cup milk (more if you like it watery)

Delicious and satisfying :)

I used to be a fellow coffee junkie myself and NEVER ate breakfast.

I found a simple smoothie of soy milk (or normal milk I guess, whatever) a little bit of alchohol free vanilla extract, some oats and a couple of tsps of instant (decaf) coffee (or you could use extract again) all blended together kind of helped me transition into breakfast foods. Throwing in some caramel flavouring doesn't hurt the taste either. Now (because I HAVE TO HAVE THE FIBER :haha:) I'm up to a banana and some high fiber cereal every morning. I wish you luck, forcing food in your tummy in the mornings when you aren't used to it sucks, I agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->