Do you iron?

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
In becoming amazed at a lot of my friends saying they don't iron or hardly iron!

I iron most things. I don't iron for OH as he scrunched things up in his drawer so I don't bother anymore but I iron most of my things and nearly everything of the kids (don't bother with things like jogging bottoms that don't crease)

I wish I could get away with not ironing but things always look scruffy :shrug:

So do you iron? And how much do you iron?

I hardly iron anything. Ocassioanally, I will iron my uniform for work. But generally, I just get things out of the drier and try and hang them up straight away so they don't crease.

I've actually only properly ironed a pile of ironing twice this year. I normally put stuff away straight out the drier and iron when needed, only because alex doesnt sleep long enough at night before waking so I can do it.

I never iron. I'm always amazed when I read threads here and people mention ironing and I've wondered if its a uk thing? Lol. I don't even fold the kids clothes and my 2 year old 'helps' put it away so it all gets jammed into one drawer :)

If OH is going to a wedding or something he'll iron his outfit.. My 'nice' dresses are hanging so they don't need ironing.

:haha: :haha: No.

Okay I iron (I make my OH iron) twice a year when I really really want to wear something and it's just way too crumpled and I have nothing else even almost clean and suitable.

Never! I hate ironing, I'd rather clean the toilet.

OH irons his work shirts so he does anything of mine which really needs it, but generally I just hang stuff up and it's fine.

No I don't. OH's work suits are dry cleaned and he irons his shirts himself. I would do a better job but they're his so I leave him to it unless he's doing something particularly important at work :rofl:.

I don't iron my clothes because I hang them to dry so they're fine and I don't tend to have things that crease really. I have a few dresses which I will iron if needed for a wedding or something, but generally they don't need it after hanging to dry.

The only time I'd iron the kids' clothes is if they had a collar or something that needed ironing flat. Maybe I'll iron school shirts when my oldest starts next year although I think they wear polo shirts so probably not! In winter, I put kids' clothes on the radiator to dry and that kind of steams them flat - they come off looking like they've been ironed if I put them on carefully. I know it's not recommended to dry stuff on the radiators as it blocks the heat but I'd rather pay the extra for heating than get the iron out!

Nope I don't! I'm totally rubbish at it and it ends looking worse than it would've had I just left it!

I never used to iron, just whatever really needed it when it was gonna be worn. But since having the kids and moving I want to be more organised, plus the kids clothes always have creases so need it. Now every time I do the washing I iron everything afterwards and hang it all up, this way everything is beautifully ironed and ready to be worn at all times! I really enjoy ironing, but I HATE HATE HATEEEE irong husbands shirts. Stupid shirts are the devils work. Most irritating things to iron in the world.

I do iron hubby's work shirts, jumpers, tshirts, dd1s school uniform and the bedding.

Everything else I can get away with not ironing

I iron everything that needs it. Which tends to be a lot as my washing machine seems to screw everything up. I seem to do more ironing in winter when I have to dry clothes on the airer as I don't have a dryer. Creases seem to drop out when hung on the line a lot better.

I hate ironing! I hang everything up to dry on clothes hangers so most creases drop out. I use my hair dryer to get rid of any little creases left!

When I used to work in town I'd wear a tank top over a shirt and use my hair straighteners to do the arms and collar!! Ill do it if I HAVE too like a wedding etc but that's like once a year!

I don't. Think I've only ever ironed three things belonging to the kids, if that. My things get washed then hung up to dry. They dry crease free an folded neatly in a drawer!

HATE ironing.

I iron everything. Then re iron hubby's before he wears them as he hates creases.

I only iron DH's shirts. I do them as he takes forever and I ask for a massage in return for the length of time I spent ironing!

I didn't used to I only ironed oh's uniform and that's it but recently I've started ironing everything, I think a lot of its got to do with the fact I binned all my clothes and bought new ones so I want to keep them all nice, wonder if il still be ironing everything once the novelty wears off lol

I iron most of our clothes, but don't bother with bedsheets. I have one of those steam irons with the massive hub so I only have to do one side, it takes no time at all to be honest

I go through phases of ironing. Most of the time I don't but every now & again I'll do some.

I do tend to iron Joshua's school uniform.

Nope I never really iron except if it's a shirt of ohs or mine or a too of certain material at needs ironed but nope just hang up once dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->