Do you iron?

How do so many of you get away with not ironing? Share your secrets :lol: I dry my clothes on radiators in winter or outside when I can and most of it needs ironing before I wear it!

You can make your own wrinkle release spray to get out of ironing:haha: That's what I do!! A cap full of fabric softener in a spray bottle, then fill the rest with water, and gently mix. Spray it on clothes to get wrinkles out.

Oh dear, it seems I am a freak!
I iron everything! Love seeing DH in freshly ironed boxers!
The feeling of lovely ironed sheets is great.
And yes, I even do tea-towels.

I dont have a tumble dryer so things are washed and then re-spun and then hung on airers. I dont like seeing the laundry hung in the house but thats whats needed at the moment.

I dont have a tumble dryer so things are washed and then re-spun and then hung on airers. I dont like seeing the laundry hung in the house but thats whats needed at the moment.

i do tea towels too :blush:

i cant believe how much people dont iron i feel everything i wash comes out creased-i came from a home where my mum never ironed-i persuaded her to buy a small one in secondary school as was sick of going to school in badly creased shirts and my pleated shirt was losing its pleats but i ironed them myself. DH mum irons everything!! if i didnt iron i feel he would moan about the state of his clothes. i dont do bedding or underwear -i used to but it takes to damn long and after one sleep looks like i didnt bother.

i cant believe how much people dont iron i feel everything i wash comes out creased-i came from a home where my mum never ironed-i persuaded her to buy a small one in secondary school as was sick of going to school in badly creased shirts and my pleated shirt was losing its pleats but i ironed them myself. DH mum irons everything!! if i didnt iron i feel he would moan about the state of his clothes. i dont do bedding or underwear -i used to but it takes to damn long and after one sleep looks like i didnt bother.

Tbh the people I know who don't iron have creases in their clothing but claim they don't! Its really obvious to me.
I also iron my bedsheets as they are 100% cotton and my bedroom is like my sanctuary, I want it to look and feel like a luxury hotel room.

I iron as and when i need the clothes...but all clothes get ironed. Dont bother with underwear or babygro's/vests...also dont iron bedsheets lol ill iron the voiles and dining table cloth when they get washed. Which is not very often as they dont get that dirty...lol

Things look worse when I try to iron them! :haha:

I will ask OH to iron things if and when they look like they need it but I certainly don't make it a priority.

I dont Iron because I dont need too. My tumble dryer dosnt crease stuff. If there is a shirt however normally they need ironed. I cant even remember last time I ironed. And I dont like like a McCoys chip.

i do tea towels too :blush:

I love you :flower: lol

In becoming amazed at a lot of my friends saying they don't iron or hardly iron!

I iron most things. I don't iron for OH as he scrunched things up in his drawer so I don't bother anymore but I iron most of my things and nearly everything of the kids (don't bother with things like jogging bottoms that don't crease)

I wish I could get away with not ironing but things always look scruffy :shrug:

So do you iron? And how much do you iron?

I have a steamer (1 large and 1 mini) I got off of QVC. WORKS WONDERS!

I iron 2/3 times a week. I iron everything apart from socks and towels. I quite enjoy it, I find it relaxing :haha:

I iron my work uniform. Usually at 5:30am and I say to my OH, "Don't let me go to bed before I've ironed all the others for the rest of the week". Next day, guaranteed I'll be up at 5:30 ironing the next one. Never learn.

The only thing that got ironed were DH's shirts. He used to do them and took ages because he's meticulous (and not very skilled at shirt ironing). I got sick of the time it took out of the weekend and got a cleaner to come and iron them, best move possible!

I did try to do DH's shirts once and bust both the iron and the shirt, I was banned forever much to my shame (and joy)

I have just bought a new tumble dryer. All clothes come out creasefree! Best £200 I have spent in my life.

Not if I can help it :haha: I used to iron nearly everything in a big pile once it was out of the wash and dry as this is just what I thought was the done thing but that didn't last long!

Now we just iron stuff that really needs ironing e.g cotton dresses as and when we need it. I also try to avoid buying things that crease easily for DD, oh how I hate ironing :haha:

It's all in how you hang it up - my hubby takes things from the washing machine and plonks them on the airer and they crease something terrible!

After making sure sleeves aren't bunched up inside etc, I give them a quick flick lol - grab hold of top two edges/corners etc and give it one shake, think of a bullfighter flicking the red rag, best way I can describe it. Then hang it flat on the airer.

Most things don't have creases in after that. Things like hubby's cotton work shirts still need ironing but that's about it.

I think I do more ironing professionally than domestically as twice a year we have a big new season launch for our global sales force and have to get all the samples looking immaculate, so it's all hands to the deck for late night steaming (unfortunately not as much fun as a steamy late night should be....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->