Do you iron?

Nope. I only use my iron a handful of times per year, for special occasions like job interviews.

I love it when my mum comes to visit as she irons everything. She loves it! She even does the bed linen which I hate so much grrrr!

Yes :(

I can't understand how people don't need to. I put our washing on the airer and it has lots of creases :(

I literally only went out and bought an iron when I started sewing a lot to help keep my seams not wonky. I'm baffled by people who iron clothes (and especially bed linen, because who on earth is going to see the bed linen so what does it matter whether it has creases?). If my clothes for the day are full of creases, I just put them on earlier in my morning routine so that my body heat gets the big wrinkles out or throw them in the tumble dryer. If it's an important day, I might put them on and then take a hair dryer to them, lol. Maybe if we worked jobs where everyone else isn't in sweatpants (including the boss) we would care more. But I don't think either of us would get on in a job like that anyway, lol.

I typically reserve ironing for weddings, funerals, and job interviews. I actually ruined my iron when I was putting an iron on transfer on a t-shirt (who knew microfiber towels melted?-not me!) and haven't bothered to buy another one.

For a day to day basis, I just utilize the rotary iron (more commonly referred to as the clothes dryer :haha:) to get the wrinkles out. I'm not bothered by not having creases in my pants or shirt, and I work a professional job.

I love ironing, but I rarely do it anymore. I don't have the time and I don't have a board at the moment and the iron barely functions.
I don't find I need to iron our day to day outfits, I shake them well and put them to dry neatly on radiators, over the banisters, on hangers, on airer or outside in the summer and there is barely a crease on anything.
And creases come out of everything after 5 minutes wear if there was.
I would iron if we were going out to a wedding, nice dinner, or another smart occasion and it was something that had creased but it's rare.
I've actually started a non ironing revolution , it started with mil she barely irons anything anymore and it's spreading like wildfire.
Xx

Nope. I just try and get stuff hung or folded out of the dryer before it wrinkles.

It doesn't matter for my husband, as he does a lot of maintenance and groundskeeping for work, so most of his shirts are wrecked, anyway. A few wrinkles aren't a problem. The couple of nicer shirts he has are a non-wrinkle material, too. As for me, I don't care about a few wrinkles, so long as there's no stains or smells (My job doesn't include a dress code. I could probably get away with pajamas). And there's really no point in ironing the baby's - He's moving and crawling so much that wrinkles are the least of my worries.

Yes! I love ironing. when I'm not pregnant or BF I do it when the kids have gone to bed with a bottle of wine and a good film :thumbup:

Nope! I know we own an iron but i don't know where it lives...

I try and wear shirt and tops that are 100% cotton, I only use 100% cotton bedsheets so yes I iron those things.
I know people irl who don't iron and say their clothes dont need it....its always really obvious to me that it hasn't been ironed lol!
Also I find clothing falls much nicer on your body when ironed and it can make you look slimmer.

I never did iron up until last week! We mostly wore non-crease clothes but there were some items we could never wear as they were so creased. But I bought an iron and board last week and started ironing finally. I hate it; it's got to be one of the most boring things! :(

Heck no. I avoid it like the plague. All easy care/non-iron shirts for the OH from now on. I also avoid clothes that would require ironing for myself :haha: My MIL irons underwear, bed sheets, etc. :wacko: She was in for a shock when I came around. :haha:

If I can get away with not ironing stuff then I won't iron but a lot of stuff I will. Can't stand wearing stuff that's creased. I don't iron stuff like bed sheets, underwear or pajamas.

I don't. My mum never really did, whereas df's mum insisted on everything being ironed so he thinks I'm strange! As my mum used to say., when you wear it the creases will drop out :rofl: if something's really bad then I will, but other than that if df wants to do it he can but I'm not. Don't gave time for that when Lucy pulls all her clothes onto the floor anyway!!

I am not really aloud to iron as i have bad sight and always burn myself.

Ok so got me thinking

My little men wear quite a lot of polo shirts/things with collars or pockets that stick up if not ironed flat.

How do you get around that? Or do you/your children not wear those sort of clothes?

Not Many things as they come out the dryer pretty much crease free. Some dresses, oh shirts I just can't get away with and have to get the iron out.. I would never wear anything creased mind you, or put the girls in anything that didn't look crease free

Nope I don't iron. My hubby is a doctor so has to wear shirts. I buy him the crease free ones and always hang them up to dry in airing cupboard - or tumble dry.
I may well iron when Jacob needs a school uniform though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->