Do you iron?

I dont even own an iron or board!! 😝

Caused a bit of friction between me and grandmother in law! Before we 1st moved in together I informed hubby (then boyfriend) that I didn't iron and therefore if he wanted something doing he'd have to do it himself.
He was fine with this and neither of us bothered with getting the iron ect. A few weeks later his gran came to see me and said that hubbys work shirts looked quite scruffy (he was working in a supermarket and the day she saw him was wear it pink day so his shirt was straight out of the packet so had all the creases still! His normal shirts were all fine and usually covered with a fleece anyway as he worked in the freezer dept!) She'd seen a very good looking ironing board and iron in the charity shop and she would be happy to buy it for us.

The look on her face when I laughed (polietly, not in her face or nasty!) and informed her that we had discussed this and if he wanted something ironed it was up to him to do it. Honestly you'd have thought i'd just admitted to drowning puppies or something equally as horrific!!!
😂
Funnily enough its never come up since!!

I iron most things too I don't understand it either my friend said the same thing earlier how she never irons mine always look really creased and scruffy I have to iron I wish I didn't though I hate it

I iron clothes. (Scruffy clothes don't get ironed neither does bedding) I've tried to whole leave them to dry and it has never worked for me. So many people I know do this but the clothes look awful if I don't iron. I always iron after doing the washing so the pile is never big. Tbh I hate hanging them up and putting away more then the ironing! Maybe it's me being a bit picky?

Yeah, I don't know anyone who irons on a regular basis. DH irons his work shirts since he wears suits to work but that's about it. I put everything in the dryer and it all comes out fine, or close enough. If we're going to an event like a wedding or something DH will iron my dress for me since he actually likes to iron! I just end up burning myself.

No, only OHs work shirts get ironed and he usually has to do that himself :haha:. I tend to fold clothes when they come out of the dryer and that's suffice

I iron stuff on the morning we wear it, but I don't do a load weekly. My mum & her family are nuts about ironing and would do it for hours at a time but I brain would melt if I tried to do that. I do think our clothes look scruffy if I don't iron - although my OH doesn't see the point.

I did splurge on a really good steam iron last month and it has made everything so much easier. I *almost* don't mind it now..

Yes, I iron everything. Sleepsuits, vests and all clothes of my LOs, and everything I wear.

I just cringe when I see an item of clothing on someone or someone's baby that's all creased. It looks terrible.

yes, but not everything. I iron every sunday night and it takes me about 3 hours but i actually dont mind it as i just watch my tv programmes. OH has work shirts everyday, now lucas' clothes are bigger i iron some of his ( not pjamas) then il iron some of mine but not vests or basic t shirts that just go underneath something

I HATE ironing - It's my least favourite chore. I could never be someone who stands and does hours at a stretch, I'm too lazy so I try to get away with doing as little as I can. I put stuff away as it comes out the dryer, mostly it's not that creased anyway but if it is really bad I just do it in the morning as it's needed. I don't iron OH's clothes either, he does his own :haha:

I don't iron.. Never have. I don't even own an iron. My mum irons everything and spends hours on end doing so. I fold my clothes neatly and they never look creased! I will probably purchase an iron when my little man starts school so I can do his uniform but that's about it.

I iron everything too. I like doing the boys clothes and they take no time at all. I tend to do a load daily so it keeps it manageable.

I (we) iron everything.
I love having things all totally uncreased. Even when i dry on the line, everything is still a bit crumply, i just couldn't wear it lol! We have a combo washer/dryer and the dryer is crap and takes ages so that everything comes out more creased!
I even do the kids vests and pjs lol!

No lol I don;t see the point. I hang clothes to dry, so they don't really crease :shrug:

i think my washing machine really crumples things, bad washing machine!

Can't remember the last time I ironed! All my clothes are in fabrics that don't need ironing and just in case, I make sure when they're hung out to dry that they're smoothed out, so the air does it for me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->