Do you iron?

Nope I never iron. If something is wrinkled, I just put it in the dryer on dewrinkle for a few minutes. :lol:

I've weaned myself off my dryer obsession. I was using it far too much and it was too expensive (for us anyway). You have to run your washing machine, but you don't ahve to run the dryer. I put clothes on the dryer & some on the radiators and they are dry overnight, so it's not that much of a nuisance. Once the better comes in, I can start using the line again!

I iron stuff as I need it, I never do a big pile then put it in the wardrobes because I almost always have to iron it again when I get it out! I don't have a drier any more, my washer/drier broke down and I really miss it but I only ever dried sheets and towels in it not clothes cos they always seem to shrink! Ironing isn't my favourite pastime!

Haha I thought of this thread this morning - found a single item that does need ironing - my yoga pants! Everything else drops creases when hung out on the washing line, but they are stubborn. :D

I iron some things like LO's shirts thirst and trousers, my mum irons everything including underwear lol x

Ironing is the one house hold chore I avoid!

If something desperately needs doing then I'll do it before it gets put on.

My husband wears a suit 5 days a week so on a Sunday night, usualy at about 2am when I've avoided it as long as possible I'll Iron him 5 shirts, 3 waistcoats and the 3 pairs of trousers to match. That's it.

Sometimes I'll iron Niamh's dressy stuff.

But usually it's crease free once I get it out the dryer. And if I leave it too long and it's all wrinkled... I just put the dryer on again for 20 minutes.

How do so many of you get away with not ironing? Share your secrets :lol: I dry my clothes on radiators in winter or outside when I can and most of it needs ironing before I wear it!

How do so many of you get away with not ironing? Share your secrets :lol: I dry my clothes on radiators in winter or outside when I can and most of it needs ironing before I wear it!

Sometimes, if something REALLY needs an iron but I really can't be bothered, then while I'm doing my makeup etc I turn the shower up as hot as it will go and hang it at the end of the shower.

The extents I've gone to to avoid ironing are ridiculous.

Sometimes, if something REALLY needs an iron but I really can't be bothered, then while I'm doing my makeup etc I turn the shower up as hot as it will go and hang it at the end of the shower.

I've done that, too :lol: And I don't even mind ironing!

I love ironing! I think I'm a Martian xxx

I'm going to try that :haha: Anything to get out of ironing!

i dont iron a single thing! i got an iron 3 yrs ago but took the fuse out the plug to use in my hair straightners after it sat in the cupboard for 3 months gathering dust. i just dont see the point in ironing... waste of time imo. if things are folded/ hung up properly they dont get creased. x

eta i dont have a tumble drier either. everything is dried on clothes horses/radiators x

I can't remember the last time I ironed anything :haha: I wouldn't wear something that looked scruffy but I find if I dry it out on the line and hang it straight up it doesn't need it.

I do iron but I iron as I go along,otherwise there would be a huge pile of clothes somewhere and empty wardrobes

I never iron, we didn't even own one until hubby had a job interview back on November

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->