Do you iron?

All you ladies that use tumble driers, aren't they really expensive to run?

Everything gets ironed :) But I only iron LOs clothes myself...every thing else gets ironed by our cleaning lady

Mine is run by natural gas and the amount it increases my gas bill is negligible. If I had an electric dryer it would be a bit more expensive, but only maybe a couple of dollars a month. I run it roughly three hours a week.

I never iron. I HATE ironing. Only occasions that force me to do so would be weddings, funerals, job interviews, or something formal.

If I buy something that wrinkles horribly in the wash, and wrinkle release spray doesnt get the wrinkles out, I'd rather never wear it again than have to iron it:haha:

Tumble dryers don't add much to the monthly bill, or I've just always been used to paying that amount per month so don't even notice. LOL. If I take stuff out of the dryer quick enough, usually they aren't too wrinkly, and if they have a few wrinkles, wrinkle release spray generally works pretty well.

Not really. I just don't know where people find the time! I'll iron if I have something smart or that creases easily, but I'm so bad at it that anything I iron comes off worse than before anyway :dohh:

It makes about a $2-3 difference each month in the winter with our electric dryer, when we're doing it most often because we can't hang outside. If we really wanted neat clothing, it would take way more than $2-3 worth of my time to iron each month, lol.

The only things that really need ironing are OHs shirts, but he wont let me :rofl: he says i'm awful at it.

Most other stuff drys pretty creasefree on the airer, but anything that does need an iron he tends to do :)

Only if absolutely necessary. Our clothes tend to dry crease free luckily. DH's clothes sometimes need an iron but he says I'm the worst ironer he's ever met so he usually does it himself :) suits me :haha:

Our tumble dryer doesn't cost much. We have solar panels so as long as there is a bit of sun it's free

my tumble dryer is on at least once a day from about mid September to April and I think we just get used to the bills. I can't have washing on radiators cos the kids just pull it off lol.

I never realised so many people didn't enjoy ironing; I must be weird liking it lol :blush: I HATE hoovering though.

I never iron, I buy clothes that don't need ironing and I take OHs shirts to the launderette and pay for them to be ironed.

we dont iron anything. we dont even own an iron. if things are creased we just put it in the tumble dryer for a few mins

Our tumble dryer doesn't cost much. We have solar panels so as long as there is a bit of sun it's free

Do you live in an area that tends to be cloudy(the US-ism is that it rains constantly in the UK, but I don't know how true that is for all areas)? I was wondering how effective those actually tend to be in areas where it rains a lot. Both here and the area we're moving to tend to have a lot of rain and cloudiness. We were thinking about investing in solar panels if it looked like we were going to stay in one place for about a decade, but we really don't want to do it to no effect. ty

We have had enough sun for free electric everyday this week even though it's been raining.

No I don't. There are some pieces of clothing that I should iron, but I don't. My tumble dryer gets a lot of creases out.

My OH irons his work clothes.

Ironing is something I really want to do but I feel like I've not enough time on top of everything else.

my tumble dryer is on at least once a day from about mid September to April and I think we just get used to the bills. I can't have washing on radiators cos the kids just pull it off lol.

I never realised so many people didn't enjoy ironing; I must be weird liking it lol :blush: I HATE hoovering though.

I like it, only if i have no kids and the tv to myself and i'll just stand and do it all and catch up on my tv. I feel so satisfied once i clear a pile :blush:

We have had enough sun for free electric everyday this week even though it's been raining.

we have solar panels.. but they power an air con system.. i live in aberdeen, i dont need air con!!!! bloody new build!

I never iron. LO found the ironing board hidden deep under the stairs recently and asked what it was :lol:
The most I have ever really done is when I was in high school iron the front of my shirt with my straighteners :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->