Do you leave them?

Cat

Reaction score
Okay so im prob going to bbe shouted out for being an awfull mum but I want your opionion.

Before I moved house i lived like a 30 second walk from my corner shop. To save the hastle of getting Noah up and in coat, buggy etc I would wait till he was in his cot asleep and then nip to the shop for od bits, gone for like 5 -10 mins. I allways felt like neighbours were watching out the window, and making notes to shop me to social services lol!

Now I have moved Im about 2 mins walk from the shop and Im in two minds whether its okay to still do this, or if really I should have done this in the first place. Its just very anoying sometimes if I just have a quick 5 min errand to do like post a letter or buy some milk, so have to take noah along. Iwouldnt do it when he is up and playing as he could harm himself or somthing, but if he is asleep in his cot (normally sleeps for 2-3 hours in the afternoon) he cant get up to any trouble.

Do you think its okay to leave him a few mins? do you do it? or am I an awfull mum for even contemplating sich a thing, and my son should be taken away from me at once?

Sorry I might be wrong, but no way would I leave rebecca, especially not now she is mobile.

I am scared of the day I never seen tho. :D

I wouldnt personally :wink:

my shop is about 30 secs away 2, id never even think about leaving chloe and callum, id rather have them with me even if it does take 10mins wrapping them up and all for a pint of milk!

KX said:
Sorry I might be wrong, but no way would I leave rebecca, especially not now she is mobile.

I am scared of the day I never seen tho. :D

I wouldnt personally :wink:

I wouldnt dream of leaving him while he was awake or in the lounge or anything. He cant escape his cot so he cant do himself any harm or anything. Worst case senario is that he would wake up and cry, but TBH I dont think he ever wakes up and cries before 2 hours have passed for a sleep.

i personally have never done this and would never dream of this but MIL used to do this with OH, their shop was like 5 mins walk and she would put him in his cot wait till he went to sleep then go to teh shop but this is 30 years ago when it was safe to go out and leave you door unlocked,
sorry but i couldnt do it i would never forgive myself if anything happend

but your his mother so its up to you :D

xxxxxx

No way would I do this. Ok it is only 5 mins but what if they did wake up, what if soemthing happened to you and you were rushed to hospital and no-one knew he was in the house. All worse case scenarios but I guess I just hear too many horror stories :(

I personally don't think I could leave the house with Stanley inside.

I'd worry about him waking up, me losing my keys, the house catching fire, a million different things! :lol:

I can see boths sides of this. Does seem a bit of a hastle to get him up and wrapped up for a 10min trip, but... What if you locked yourself out? What if you were burgled while you were out? What if a fire started? All extreme cases I know, but they do happen. Dont want to worry you tho hun :hugs: Just pointing out what could happen

I would never leave any of my kids for a second!

We have a corner shop here, its about a 10 second walk from my house, but i dragg all my kids ther with me if i need to go out for milk or something

x

I can see both sides too.

I agree with Weestar that in the older days maybe you could trust leaving your door open or is it just people have got more paranoid over the years? I think it depends on the area too :? I'm not a Mum so I suppose my reply is void but I use to live 5 doors from a shop - I think I would have popped for milk if baby was sleeping in cot but I also know I could trust my neighbours there an I could leave my door on the latch! :arrow:

thats true I suppose where you live can make a difference. I live down a quiet road, which is a dead end with no traffic, same with last house. We always knew all our neighbours and have already been making friends with them all here, we just stand around in the street talking to each other. I think if I lived in a more built up/busy area, or if Ilived in a flat Iwouldnt have done it.
I think sometimes we have just been very affected by things we hear on the news and worry about things a lot more. I mean at my old house if I was poping out Obv prior to noah I would leave my door unlocked to go to the shop. I guess Im just not a very paraniod person like that and lived in a good neighourhood.

I know just what a farce it is hun, but last year when Charlie was 3 months i just popped to the shops, literally 1 min away and came back, some one had watched us leave the house and attemted to burgle it, what if id have left Charlie in the house???
I worry so much, and couldnt ever leave her alone, like Minxy id be panicking incase i lost my keys, then id be concentrating on not loosing my keys and end up getting run over or something daft :roll:

i leave ewan if he is asleep and nip out to put things in the post box which is a 15 sec walk away, but i wouldn't leave him for 10 mins.
i can see my house from the post box and there is only one way in so i would see if anyone went in.

I wouldnt leave Ella to nip to the shop, even if she was asleep, I hate leaving her in the car to pay for petrol and try to aviod it if I can, i sit in the car til theres no queue and run in lol

If a corner shop was next door to me Id maybe nip in and take the moniter if she was sleeping, but not too sure if I would, wouldnt want to take any chances!+++++

I would never ever ever leave Lennon and we have a shop just round the corner (about a 2 minutes walk) and there is no way on earth I would leave him. The way I see it, anything could happen - house could catch fire or anything. I just couldn't risk it - it's not worth it, just for 2 minutes of putting him in a pushchair

Lauz_1601 said:
I hate leaving her in the car to pay for petrol and try to aviod it if I can, i sit in the car til theres no queue and run in lol

I always wondered about that. There is a Tescos near work that used to do a Pay at the Pump thing and I thought it was a brilliant idea, but for reasons known only to them they've stopped doing it. Does anyone take their little ones in to pay for petrol or do you all leave them in the car?

As for the nipping to the shop thing, I wouldn't leave them unless I could still see the house from where I was like hypnorm popping to the post box.

I personally would never leave jamie alone, i would be totally paranoid the whole time, thinking, what if someone broke in, house caught on fire etc etc etc. If anything was to happen id be totally responsible and have to live with that forever, ok so seems extreme but like minxy said its all the worst case scenarios!
Im the same as you lauz, hate leaving him in the car to get petrol!!! i always lock the door and run in whens theres no queue!!

nope i wouldnt do it, i have 2 kids so its a nightmare getting double buggy out getting them both ready and getting out the door, but i would never leave them. any thing can happen even if they are safe tucked up in bed asleep there could be a fire.
ild never live with myself if something happened so i wouldnt take the risk

sorry Cat :(

but your far from a bad mum :D

but if i knew the lady over the road was doing this i would more then likely report her myself.

and i dont believe it goes by area. before i met kris he was a very bad person in and out of prison and used to burgle places and he only used to burgle the nice houses in the lovely posh friendly areas!!
kris now is very ontop with security as he knows how easy it can be. so my house is very secure dont take the risk

I would never do it either. If Rubie woke up crying and no one came, she would be so scared. Even 5 minutes would seem forever to a crying baby. Plus all the other things mention, eg what if something happened. I even take the monitor if I go out to the shed while she is sleeping, and take her with me if I need to get something out of the car which is right outside my dront door lol

Sorry Cat

I couldnt do this either,but then I am a super paranoid person when it somes to Chloe.

I remember that story about the little girl getting stolen out of the bath while her mother was in another room and was violently raped she was three years old,so if this could happen with an adult there what the hell could happen if you weren't even 5 minutes.

I am just a worryer I guess but i would rather worry than say what if?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->