Do you "look after yourself?"

Tegans Mama

home edding mum of 2
Reaction score
As in the title really, and what I mean by that is, do you take some time every day/every week to pamper yourself a bit?
If you do, what do you do? Since wifey went back to work and we've been better off money wise, I've started to treat myself a bit more. I've gotten into a routine of having a nice long shower every night, moisturising, doing my nails, using leave in conditioner and properly looking after my skin. I really enjoy it, and it has done wonders for my mental health. So what do you do?

I'm weird, I can't go out without a full face of makeup, even for a run or to walk the dog. I always need my hair nice too, though it only takes me five minutes cos I usually do a milkmaid braid or messy bun or something simple. I like my clothes to look nice too, though obviously I've no qualms about wearing work out clothes to work out etc.

BUT I never paint my nails unless there's something special, and after that my polish will be chipped for ages and I won't care. Plus I am the worst at remembering to shave my legs, and then I'll go for a run and not care. I am blonde so it's not too bad but still. And I only get my hair cut every year or so. Pampering wise I don't do much, though I put a lot of effort in to my skincare because it's really crap and it gets me down.

Hmm I like to think I put a lot of effort in but I actually don't really. My hair is v. low maintenance, I just twist it round my fingers and plait it at night and thats literally it - don't even own hair straighteners anymore! I never ever wear make up in the day anymore, only when I'm going out at night which is usually once, sometimes twice a week. Never paint my nails or anything, but I do have a pretty intense skin routine and make sure my eyebrows are always plucked. My legs are always shaved and I'm always clean and showered. I always dress to feel nice as well which makes me feel quite put together! Its nice because getting ready to go out at night is a real novelty as I wear make up so rarely these days.

Yeah I like to think I do.

I bath every night, shave, wax my eyebrows etc when needed. My hair and make up depends on whether or not I can be bothered. I moisturise my face day and night.

Just need to find thd motivation to lose weight.

I take care of my skin, always did. I have fancy masks & scrubs, but I don't have time to use them frequently. I go for roots colouring once a month (to hide the white hair, I'm old :rofl:, my hair is black so I cant do much about it), & I go for eyebrows threading twice a month.

I go for a massage at least once a month (sometimes once a week), I go for facials every few months, but I'm planning to go twice a month (I found two wrinkles above my eyebrows :rofl: ), I go for mani/pedi every two weeks (cleaning only I hate wearing nail polish)

I'm not really bothered about makeup, I wear makeup only when we go out to a fancy place, I have pale skin with freckles, but my complexion doesn't really need makeup as my eyebrows & eyelashes are very dark & it covers the skin's paleness. My freckles don't bother me.

I use anti cellulite cream almost everyday, & I apply lotion to my heels every night.

I've always tried to keep myself looking reasonably good, somedays are much better than others. I will nip to the shop with no make up but that's it. I normally do wear make up. I also normally straighten my hair, and try and look after that, I have ghds and with them I have some ghd straightening spray which imo is the best spray I have had. I also use a straightening cream and I also try and cut my hair very few months. I also try and keep a good skin regime just of cleanse tone and moisturises and I use a middle ground set, a ganier one. Not expensive but not the cheapest one. I have to shave my legs as if I don't it does set my excema off, and I have to moisturise them as well for the same reason. I don't tend to paint my nails b often but I brought some recently. I guess I'm also lucky as oh is happy to watch lo whilst I do certain things as he knows it is important to me (I don't spend hours btw!) I tend to spread washing my hair at night then straightening in the morning once dry.

No, I always look like crap. I shave and paint my toenails, that's about it.

At the moment my routine is...get up,shower,brush hair,tie hair back...done...lol.xx

I dont get the time. I have a shower every night get my hair coloured and cut every 8 weeks. I only wear make up when i go out on night out. I just dont get the time to pamper myself

Nope, can't be arsed.

I colour my hair maybe once every 4 months (at home) & cut my own hair when I am in the mood. During the day, I usually twist it & clip it up. On the odd occasion for a night out I'll curl it.

I have never had a manicure or pedicure in my life.

I'll wear makeup when going out on a night or if I know I have to see clients at work (for work its the minimal, mascara + eyeliner)

I use a epilator for legs, bikini & underarm so don't have to dehair that often. Eyebrows, I'll wax them at home every few weeks.

As in the title really, and what I mean by that is, do you take some time every day/every week to pamper yourself a bit?
If you do, what do you do? Since wifey went back to work and we've been better off money wise, I've started to treat myself a bit more. I've gotten into a routine of having a nice long shower every night, moisturising, doing my nails, using leave in conditioner and properly looking after my skin. I really enjoy it, and it has done wonders for my mental health. So what do you do?

Agree with this :thumbup: I try and make an effort with my appearance as it makes me feel good, I feel more confident and in control. I have a wedding to go to next week and will be making one hell of an effort with my appearance, otherwise I will have no confidence seeing all those people.

I'm lucky i have good skin, i cleanse and tone twice a day, i wear make up, not tonnes but just enough. I pluck my eyebrows about once a week, shave a couple times a week.. im never hairy LOL.

I do scrubs and masks every couple of weeks, though i don't actually need to. I sun bed once/twice a week and i self dye my hair every few weeks too. My nails are always painted and i moisturise every day

No not really at all, which thinking about it is mad now I have all this free time while job hunting.

I dye my hair every 6 weeks or so, I shave every time I have a shower and slap moisturiser on my face and legs. My toe nails are painted but I never really take it off just go over the top until it looks too thick! I might start trying harder though.

I do wear make up every time I go out, and straighten my hair too, even if its just front bit and I bundle the rest up. Make up just comes off with a baby wipe though.

I do, I agree with the comment about it improving mental health and self confidence. I shower or bath every day, wash my hair every day or every other day and shave every day. I dry my hair at night before bed and then straighten every morning. I cleanse twice a day, and use day/night and eye cream. I moisturise after every bath or shower too. I sometimes use fake tan, and always wear make up. My nails are always painted and every Sunday night I do a home mani/pedi, face mask and hair mask. Its my time before starting another week of work.

I don't do a thing. Other than the obvious bath, and I shave my pits. My hair is always up, I sleep with it up and don't bother brushing it out unless I'm going out or having visitors. I've not worn make up since 2007 when I got married.
I guess I ought to do more, might make me feel better about myself. I just need a bit more motivation to lose weight, even though I'm trying to do Slimming World

The only thing I always do is paint my nails. I always dye my hair at home though. I generally wear make up everyday. I try and make my hair nice although some times it just gets shuved in a bun which luckily is in at the mo. I wash my hair and shave everyday. I moisturise my body most days and I mosturise my face day and night.

I shower everyday, never have hairy legs/armpits and always have my eyebrows sorted out. I'm an all-over-body moisturising type, every day. I do my hair, wear mascara and fill in my eye brows everyday, wear full make up whenever we go somewhere nice or I'm just in the mood for it. I also look after my nails.

I agree, it's very good for my state of mind :)

I shower and moisturise my whole body every day, cleanse, tone & moisturise face twice a day. Wash and condition hair every 2nd day, wear make up every day (foundation, bronzer, mascara, blusher), not fussed on my nails but paint them now and then - use hand cream constantly though. Self pedi once a week, professional one every other month and eyebrows and tache threaded every 3/4 weeks. I'm always fuzz free as well :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->